DC Area Group Buy #10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have an addition stir plate left, I'll be happy to take one. Is there anything you'd like in return? I'm short on beer at the moment, but I could bring some to the next buy to get you back.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I got one for you as well. I think I have 6 or 7 so I'll bring them all and free up some garage space. :D

Does 3 stars sell 6.5 gallon buckets? I have to do a transfer to secondary tomorrow afternoon and I'm out of room after I decided to sell my glass carboy (I've read too many horror stories and I have to move them around the apartment).

If 6 gallon better bottles will work someone is bringing 2 that you can have. I have so many carboys and better bottles that I never use I really don't need any more. :D

From 3 Stars: "Everything came in except the 2 bags of Chateau Pilsen & 1 bag of Patagonia Extra Pale. That specialty stuff is always hit or miss."

I will check the sheets for refunds tonight. See y'all in the morning around 10 for splitters and 11 for the rest. Cheers!

If 6 gallon better bottles will work someone is bringing 2 that you can have. I have so many carboys and better bottles that I never use I really don't need any more. :D

I am bringing two better bottles. If Keith doesn't want them, they are first come first served!

Refunds sent to stuppy, sikkingj, and German_HB_Baltimore. Apologies for the trouble, but this happens from time to time when we order the more "exotic" grains. I have ordered the Chateau Pils before and gotten it (used it in my Bitburger clone!) so dunno why they were out. I almost ordered it again this buy...

From 3 Stars: "Everything came in except the 2 bags of Chateau Pilsen & 1 bag of Patagonia Extra Pale. That specialty stuff is always hit or miss."

I will check the sheets for refunds tonight. See y'all in the morning around 10 for splitters and 11 for the rest. Cheers!

Will be there around 10. Got my scale, 10 buckets with lids and two better bottles for whoever needs them.

Better Bottles are great for sours. The O2 permeation is quite low actually. The bung is the weak point. I don't even get a pellicle on most of them.

I do want to start a 15 gal solera in a sanke as soon as I find one.

SOQS=She of Queenly Stature, aka, SWMBO, She Who Must Be Obeyed

I have a ten lb. scale, grabbed my nickel bags, and my rare earth magnets (gotta remember to save some of those for myself if they pass muster). And yes, I guess I'll dig out the table.

Might grab a random case of beer for trade.

Thanks to whoever it was that split the DME. Couldn't pay me to mess with that stuff.

And thanks for the stir plate. Bought a flask from the store. Anyone know why stir bars are so pricey?

And thanks to everyone who did the logistics and bookkeeping.

All,

Several thoughts from today's buy:

1) Thanks to all those who helped. Was BY FAR the most people ever to turn out, donate bags, help splits, etc. Fantastic effort and I applaud you all!!

2) There were 5 screw ups on full bags!! I feel and will be held totally responsible. From now on, all bags will be marked with the user name to prevent the mistakes of today. Period. No bag leaves the premises without me checking it, and you double checking me.

3) People left grain or did not arrive today for pick up. Really this is unacceptable. I don't want your grain and you paid for and deserve it, so you guys NEED to know what you bought and expect to receive it ALL!! If you don't show up, then shame on you.

So, that said, I have some grain and if you want it you can contact me and pick it up when I am available...or at the next buy.

For those who helped, WOW! Thanks for the support this time!! Thanks to those who brought some samples to try, Claphamsa, BigBeavK, J1n, sweetcell, come to mind quickly. All samples were fantastic and are a testament to the brewing prowess of our group members!! You guys f-in rock!!

emyers: gonna miss ya dude!! Hope the arm heals and that Texas is good to ya! Feel free to drop by anytime dude!! You are the reason I am never gonna use a glass carboy again!! ouch!!!! Thanks for the Citra!!

Frits: don't know what to say other than this would not be successful without you and your labels/spreadsheet/hard work. Thanks my friend!!!

Hardcore brewers: Yeah, we are definitely going to do a group brew in Western MD sometime soon! Thinking end of December! I will bring my 10G rig. We will start a separate thread on this soon...

My apologies to those who got screwed over a bit today...you should expect to get what you ordered and I feel bad about the mistakes. It WON'T happen again! Mike Stuppy - I feel especially bad about what happened to you, and I am still happy to hand you a partial sack of C. Pils!

I do this for the camaraderie and to help out my fellow brewers...I really enjoy your company and talking brewing with each of you!! Thanks again to all that helped today!!

Tony

Thanks to whoever it was that split the DME. Couldn't pay me to mess with that stuff.

And thanks for the stir plate. Bought a flask from the store. Anyone know why stir bars are so pricey?

And thanks to everyone who did the logistics and bookkeeping.

Just go to ebay and you can get them cheap. Here a link just like the ones I use. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-1-inch-B25-magnetic-stirrer-bar-stir-mixer-bars-PTFE-lab-spin-spinner-New-/271530271685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f387723c5 Find one that ships from the US though! I never buy anything that ships overseas.

Had a great time with everyone as usual. Looking forward to a brew day with you guys! Great samples to share as well! :D

It was great seeing all the familiar faces, and the new ones. This group is getting bigger and bigger with each passing buy. We should think about creating our own Brew Club... I know some of you belong to CRABS, some belong to BURP and some to FOAM, but we should really consider it. We have some of the best brewers that I've had the pleasure to meet in our group. We could all learn a lot from each other!

It was great seeing all the familiar faces, and the new ones. This group is getting bigger and bigger with each passing buy. We should think about creating our own Brew Club... I know some of you belong to CRABS, some belong to BURP and some to FOAM, but we should really consider it. We have some of the best brewers that I've had the pleasure to meet in our group. We could all learn a lot from each other!

Thanks to everyone helping, being on time, and making these group buys such a joy and success. It was good to also have some time to shoot the breeze, talk beer, and taste those awesome samples some of you brought. I also got some to take home, very appreciated!

We had a record of 27 split participants with 90 splits total. We also set a new record in weighting and bagging all those splits. With 5 teams it was done in no time. Special thanks to j1n for handling the DME with such grace.

It was like a brew club meeting with good samples and all. No shame in participating in more than 1 club, they all have something different to offer. All us at HBT are a club in its own right.

And yes, we're always learning from each other, and sharing that wealth of knowledge with fellow brewers. This is more than a hobby, it's a lifestyle!

Thanks for everyone's hard work getting all the orders together. Next time I plan to get there early to help and do my part. Also, thanks for the buckets. Tony, no problem on the different grains. Like I said yesterday I see it as an opportunity. And don't worry about the difference in cost of the sacks.

All,

Several thoughts from today's buy:

1) Thanks to all those who helped. Was BY FAR the most people ever to turn out, donate bags, help splits, etc. Fantastic effort and I applaud you all!!

2) There were 5 screw ups on full bags!! I feel and will be held totally responsible. From now on, all bags will be marked with the user name to prevent the mistakes of today. Period. No bag leaves the premises without me checking it, and you double checking me.

3) People left grain or did not arrive today for pick up. Really this is unacceptable. I don't want your grain and you paid for and deserve it, so you guys NEED to know what you bought and expect to receive it ALL!! If you don't show up, then shame on you.

So, that said, I have some grain and if you want it you can contact me and pick it up when I am available...or at the next buy.

For those who helped, WOW! Thanks for the support this time!! Thanks to those who brought some samples to try, Claphamsa, BigBeavK, J1n, sweetcell, come to mind quickly. All samples were fantastic and are a testament to the brewing prowess of our group members!! You guys f-in rock!!

emyers: gonna miss ya dude!! Hope the arm heals and that Texas is good to ya! Feel free to drop by anytime dude!! You are the reason I am never gonna use a glass carboy again!! ouch!!!! Thanks for the Citra!!

Frits: don't know what to say other than this would not be successful without you and your labels/spreadsheet/hard work. Thanks my friend!!!

Hardcore brewers: Yeah, we are definitely going to do a group brew in Western MD sometime soon! Thinking end of December! I will bring my 10G rig. We will start a separate thread on this soon...

My apologies to those who got screwed over a bit today...you should expect to get what you ordered and I feel bad about the mistakes. It WON'T happen again! Mike Stuppy - I feel especially bad about what happened to you, and I am still happy to hand you a partial sack of C. Pils!

I do this for the camaraderie and to help out my fellow brewers...I really enjoy your company and talking brewing with each of you!! Thanks again to all that helped today!!

Tony

Thanks for everyone's hard work putting the order together. Next time I plan to get there early to help do my part. Thanks for the extra buckets as well. Tony don't worry about the swap in grain sacks (or the difference in price). Like I said yesterday i don't see it as a problem, I see it as an opportunity.

Cheers.

Back