Stupid question, cheep beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XELA

Reaction score
I was wonderin if anyone here knows a way to get cheep commercial beer,
i know it sounds a stupid question but i was thinkin maybe bulk buying or something....

there must be somewhere i can buy loads of beer for a cheaper price, lmao..

:confused:

I would say probably ringing up a distributor would be the only way of buying cheap beer. I'm not in england, so I wouldn't have any idea who you'd call though.

Crazy idea...but you could try to make your own beer....or use a ski mask and a water pistol and hang out at a truck stop.

Seriously, if you are a smooth talker, and wanted this for one event..you may be able to get a brewery to sponser the event....people do it here for bands, art shows, etc.

Cheers.

Axegod said:
Seriously, if you are a smooth talker, and wanted this for one event..you may be able to get a brewery to sponser the event....people do it here for bands, art shows, etc.

Cheers.

Brilliant. so if i held a festival at my house every friday night, i could theoretically get each one sponsored by a different brewery. it could take awhile for anyone ot catch on.

Wheat King said:
Brilliant. so if i held a festival at my house every friday night, i could theoretically get each one sponsored by a different brewery. it could take awhile for anyone ot catch on.

It may work...but you may want to have a cheese company and a craker company as co-sponsers as well.
I know it works for bands...beer marketers are always willing to sponser something. It will not work if the bar/venue already has a deal going with company A as the main supplier and you bring in company Z. You would need to get a place that would allow the bar to be taken over by your people (bartenders/supplier) and you rent the place. It would be fun to interview the waitresses.

Cheers.

1. Even buying kegs is NOT cheap, considering all invested, I started with just kegs, i'm quite sure my "keg setup" (3 taps in a FREE freezer) hasnt paid for itself yet, but I have no bottles laying around!
2. I DONT care what ANYONE here says, homebrewing for the serious drinker is going to COST YOU MORE, its a hobby. I estimate my homebrew beer to cost me about $2.00+ per beer at this time, but I go all out, I want to keep this hobby for life.
3. Your ONLY opportunity to score "CHEAP" beer is to do it yourself, HOWEVER, this will take patience! You need to wait for the right stuff at the right time. For example, I'll send you some liquid yeast from my collection $6.50 (free to you). Then you need to score your "brew equipment" cheaply. I would be willing ot bet with a reasonable budget you could brew a 5 gallons every week for about $3.00, starting with a $100.00 initial setup investment AND I'm TALKING KEGGED. BUT the ONLY way this will happen is with extreme "invention, research and patience"! 3 qualities people rarely have when looking to catch a "buzz".

olllllo said:
Cozy up to a brewery worker. They get discounts on the underfills.

What a kool job that would be but i dont know anyone who has that job..:(

I was thinkin more like, if you buy huge amounts of booze at one time, it should be discounted right? makes sence to me.. :confused:

I dno.. ill let you no if i ever succeed in my quest for cheep beer! ha

Thanks people

Back