Cream Ale extract kit from NorthernBrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmasterlv

Reaction score
Guys i need some help here. I was thinking about purchasing the cream extract kit from northern brewer and trying to adding something to customize the recipe. What would you add to a Cream Ale? I need some opinions. Thank you in advance

What type of Honey did you use? I have never added honey to a beer yet. I have only added Chocolate to a stout. What is the brand on honey and where should i pick it up?

Well I get mine for free as my sister and her husband are commercial beekeepers. If you want THEIR delicious clover honey, check out www.glaciercountyhoney.com - however you probably won't be able to order much at the moment as the person in charge of shipping (me) is out of town!
If you want to go the honey route (it is easy, bumps your alcohol up a little, and will dry the beer out a little extra) then I recommend hitting up your local beekeeper for a pound. Supermarket honey will work fine too, but again try to find something local so you don't get stuck with chinese corn syrup.
The type doesn't really matter- if you have a choice just pick whatever smells good to you. With just a pound you're not really going to get tons in the way of aromatics or flavor. If you do want a little extra honey flavor, try steeping a small amount of Gambrinus Honey Malt before you boil.
Cream 'n Honey Ale has a nice ring to it, hope yours turns out swell.

I did a BIAB of NB's All Grain Cream Ale last month and added 1/2 pound of flaked oats. This gave the beer a nice, thick, heavy foam head that retains the entire glass.

I made a Jalapeno cream ale last year that was Delicious. I am planning on making it again as so as we get into warmer weather.

They all sound good... I've also heard about putting berries in the mix. Has anyone tried that? If i use the honey for the first batch how much would i add? Only 1 pound or can i add more?

Hillhouse i am definitely going to use your sisters honey. There is nothing better than fresh honeyvstraight from the source. Prices are great too Im just wondering about the shipping. 1-2 5lb bottles would be a medium or small shipping box?

I believe 2 five pounders will fit into a medium-flat rate box. The shopping cart should calculate all that for you. Just an FYI, she's out finishing up almond pollination at the moment and probably won't be shipping until early may.

Back