bottle age or age in primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbabyboy4021x

Reaction score
so ive brewed a Brewers Best American Cream Ale kit and the OG was supposed to be 1.040-1.055, it was 1.040. the FG is supposed to be 1.008-1.012, its been at 1.008 for like 3 days now, so i know my fermentation is done, but i was wondering if it would make a difference in taste if i were to bottle it now then let it sit in the bottle for 3 weeks or if i left it in the primary another 3-4 days and shaved 3-4 days off the bottle aging. ive read that the yeast, after fermentation, should sit so it can "clean up" and i was wondering if it would still do this while in the bottle? i guess this is kind of another one of those "to bottle, or not to bottle?" threads and my idea was to just bottle it now but i wanted to get a 2nd opinion.....btw, its been in the primary for 10 days, which personally i think should be good for an American Cream Ale since its a very light beer with a low alcohol content(4-5%)

10 days to bottling is pretty short in my pinion. I would let it sit in primary (or secondary) for AT LEAST 4 more days, 2-3 weeks if it was me, then onto bottling.

Back