Hello from sunny calm Oakland CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allphoto

Reaction score
Um,
I just got back to brewing after a few years hiatus and no success in my first go round. I think the addition of a wort chiller can help my bacterially challenged life.

Hello and welcome fellow Bay Area resident! Enjoy yourself and learn all you can from this great site and the many wonderful people on it! :ban:

Well met allphoto!

You say this is your second go around, and you are probably going to get a wort chiller? What happened the first time? I am new to this hobby, and after 2 batches to my credit, I've come to realize that the addition of a wort chiller is Priority #1 for me. I made one and hope to brew my third batch this weekend.

g0dolphins said:
Well met allphoto!

You say this is your second go around, and you are probably going to get a wort chiller? What happened the first time? I am new to this hobby, and after 2 batches to my credit, I've come to realize that the addition of a wort chiller is Priority #1 for me. I made one and hope to brew my third batch this weekend.

It was almost 10 years ago that I made my last batch, 1997 Super Bowl. Probably 99% of the existing homebrew sites didn't exist then. I was living on a low budget. Funny, everyone that I gave beer to really loved them, my problem is that I've been trying beers for over 25 years now and am really spoiled when it comes to taste. I'm spending a couple of hours a day reading forums and literature. i think i found a perfect way for me to go....1 gallon batches, variety, simplicity in cleaning, which is my biggest problem where I live, and space. I can do 3-4 or more batches at once in different stages and not have to sleep outside...

Back