My first Kegerator!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLutin

Reaction score
So I just got done putting together my first kegerator, and I am very excited! A couple questions though. My corney keg doesn't seal when the handles all the way down, but if you leave the handle up so the 2 posts are vertical it seals just fine. I've replaced all the gaskets, and lubed them all up. Is this common?

Second I got the rest of the missing pieces to go to the liquid side of my sankey tap (Nut, Barb, and gasket). It is pushing foam out of the nut slowly, so I put teflon tape on the threading and re tightened. But it's still leaking, any suggestions?

Heres some eye candy so you can at least get an idea of what I'm working with. It's not quite as magical as some of your set-ups, but I love it. Also, theres pics of the Belgian Black that I'm drinking brewed in southern IN.

IMG00060-20091027-1253.jpg

7735_531313696639_70802079_31291615.jpg

11045_531474569249_70802079_3129669.jpg

Thanks in advance.

IMG00060-20091027-1253.jpg

7735_531313696639_70802079_31291615.jpg

11045_531474569249_70802079_3129669.jpg

So I just got done putting together my first kegerator, and I am very excited! A couple questions though. My corney keg doesn't seal when the handles all the way down, but if you leave the handle up so the 2 posts are vertical it seals just fine. I've replaced all the gaskets, and lubed them all up. Is this common?

I had a used keg lid with slightly bent arms that didn't seal well. You can try swapping the lid out with another keg or bending the arms in a vise.

BTW, I love the red Brugge sanke keg. Did you paint that yourself?

Nope, my dad is friends with the brewery and hooked me up with the keg. It is delicious. Saturday I'm throwing a Halloween party and need to push a keg of Bud Light and Jungle Juice for party goers. It's the testing ground for many many years of Home brew.

Also, how would I wash the lines from the sankey tap? I can't really open it up to push solution through it.

Also, how would I wash the lines from the sankey tap? I can't really open it up to push solution through it.

Are you using faucets or picnic taps? All I see are picnic taps in the background.

You can just soak the lines/taps or push oxyclean through them with a hand pump. Personally, I made sure my entire setup uses 1/4" MFL fittings and I use a hand pump to force PBW through the lines/faucets/shanks/etc and sanitize with a quat sanitizer.

CK-1001.jpg

I can't really open it up to push solution through it.

Sure you can, Small flat blade screw driver and pliers.
Degas by pressing ball down until it stops venting, Remove ring, That whole spear will pull out.
Search Sanke Spear Removal in the Google search here. Some people use sankes for HB and prefer them once they get used to the removal.

Hmm, I may be in the market for this pump. I don't want to risk damaging the keg since I got it for free, and it's not mine. Any suggestion on the foam?

And I'm using picnic faucets for now. Till the funds allow me to spring for some towers.

Latest posts

Back