DC Group Buy #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll go over the split requests and add them to the Google Doc spreadsheet, just like last time.

At this point the sheet is public (see link below), but can only be edited by me. So let me know what you want. I'll post updates of the splits every couple days or after something changed.

Got to bail this time, stumbled on a LHBS while I was in NC that practically sold sacks at a loss (couldn't have made 10%!). I'll likely be down for another buy, though, if you all can keep this rolling. Still plan to support 3 Star, good of them to help out.

I'll go over the split requests and add them to the Google Doc spreadsheet, just like last time.

At this point the sheet is public (see link below), but can only be edited by me. So let me know what you want. I'll post updates of the splits every couple days or after something changed.

that link is to the old spreadsheet - buy #5.

please post the link to #6 :mug:

Hey there--can we order a bulk quantity of PBW this way?

Also, anyone interested in a split of honey malt, Vienna malt, or golden promise?

climateboy,

I've added your "intended splits" to the split list with some placeholder amounts, see link in previous message. How much of each do you actually want? And how much PBW?

I've encountered a limitation of the spreadsheet as it is, when someone gives a range like 5-10 pounds. I'm putting in the minimum of that range, for now. Perhaps when we get closer to the end, those of you can let me know if you want to up your quota to your max or any other amount to fill the order?

Thanks, Stonebrewer for the list. And DAMN... it's real close to making sense for me to order a few sacks and make the drive down, but not close enough. Looks like I could get base malt for somewhere between .90 - $1.10 / lb. I can get the same base malts from BYOB for $1/lb. I could save money on specialty grains going through the group buy, but I don't usually keep too much on hand and I already have a good bit of C20, C40, C120. Oh well. Thanks for the list.

I miss the good old days of buying sacks of base malts for somewhere around .55 - .75 / lb :(

Ill take whatever GP isnt taken in the split.

I haven't heard back from climateboy how much he actually wants, and since it is his bag I think he ought to have first picks. As long as he's OK with it, the remaining 15# will be yours. This closes the Golden Promise split.

request: drop my 10 of vienna, in favor of 20 lbs of munich. i didn't realize there was a munich split going.

OK, change made. 15# to go on the Bonlander Munich.

I've added myself for:
5# Honey Malt
10# Victory
5# Special B
10# Torrified Wheat

There are still 13 splits open (350 lbs!) including 40# of PBW:

DC Group Buy #6 - Bulk Grain Splits

Put me down for:
10lbs Special B
10lbs Chocolate Malt

Does anyone know where to get those nice big plastic bags that were used at the last group buy?

Alright, I was sitting on the sidelines, I'll jump in.
I'll take the last 15# of Special B and Bonlander Munich to close those splits.

Need 2-Row and DME as well, will post that shortly.

Put me down for:
10lbs Special B
10lbs Chocolate Malt

Does anyone know where to get those nice big plastic bags that were used at the last group buy?

Added.
The ones with the blue zippers? They are GLAD. jnr had the 5 gallon ones, they are really nice indeed.
I just got the gallons (they hold 5 pounds of grain) and quarts (for DME). I got them in the Dollar General. Not sure if they have the 5 gallon size there though.

Alright, I was sitting on the sidelines, I'll jump in.
I'll take the last 15# of Special B and Bonlander Munich to close those splits.

Need 2-Row and DME as well, will post that shortly.

Added your splits. Special B and Bonlander are closed now. Thanks!

Also added 5 pounds of Chocolate for myself.

There are still 11 splits open (295 lbs to go!) including 40# of PBW:

Since it looks like I'll be brewing more soon I'd like to get 5lbs of the following from the splits:
  • CaraRed
  • Victory
  • Honey malt
  • Torr. Wheat
  • Chocolate
  • PBW

Cheers!

Added. 265 lbs to go.
ugh. sorry to take us in the wrong direction, but i need to back out of my request for munich and PBW. if no one else wants them i'll grab them at the end, but for now please add those two back to the "available" column. i'm pretty sure the munich will be snapped up.
ignore all of this: see my post below... sorry. again.

so the person who said he had munich for me no longer has munich for me... so i want my share of the munich split back.

however, atjsparty has asked to up his 15 pounds to 20. so i'll take the remaining 15. (before: i had 20, atjsparty had 15. now: i have 15, he has 20).

sorry for the confusion. i'm not usually this high maintenance. i blame claphamsa. for no specific reason. because i feel like it.

so the person who said he had munich for me no longer has munich for me... so i want my share of the munich split back.

however, atjsparty has asked to up his 15 pounds to 20. so i'll take the remaining 15. (before: i had 20, atjsparty had 15. now: i have 15, he has 20).

sorry for the confusion. i'm not usually this high maintenance. i blame claphamsa. for no specific reason. because i feel like it.

I was just trying to help fill the gap you left. :)
You can have the full 20lbs back if you want, I just checked my inventory and still have 7+ lbs. Your call, I'm happy either way.

I was just trying to help fill the gap you left. :)
You can have the full 20lbs back if you want, I just checked my inventory and still have 7+ lbs. Your call, I'm happy either way.

We'll just leave it as it was then. 20 for sweetcell, 15 for you.

it is 100% my fault.... didnt think I could kill a 55 lb bag in one day :)

Glad things are working themselves out. Thanks for all the hard work, Tony.

I am definitely interested in hopping in on this one, or the next if this one is full.

Here is what I would want:

2 x Rahr 2-row (55lb)
1 x Weyermann Vienna
1 x Weyermann Light Munich

I would also be interested to see if anyone would want to split any, or all, of the following:

Victory (I can take up to 10lb)
Special B (I can take up to 1/2 sack)
CaraRed (I can take up to 10lb)
Torrified Wheat (I can take 10lb)

So is anyone interested in splits for Victory, Special B, CaraRed or Torrified Wheat?

So is anyone interested in splits for Victory, Special B, CaraRed or Torrified Wheat?

Yes we are... check the splits spreadsheet. Special B is all taken, the others have 20-25 pounds left up for grabs.

I never used or seen torrified wheat before. I know it's heat treated to pregelatinize it. Is it like puffed wheat?

There are still 11 splits open (255 lbs!) including 35# of PBW:

Yes we are... check the splits spreadsheet. Special B is all taken, the others have 20-25 pounds left up for grabs.

I never used or seen torrified wheat before. I know it's heat treated to pregelatinize it. Is it like puffed wheat?

There are still 11 splits open (255 lbs!) including 35# of PBW:

Well then... I will take 15# of each of them then.

Well then... I will take 15# of each of them then.

Hmm, earlier you said this:

Glad things are working themselves out. Thanks for all the hard work, Tony.

I am definitely interested in hopping in on this one, or the next if this one is full.

Here is what I would want:

2 x Rahr 2-row (55lb)
1 x Weyermann Vienna
1 x Weyermann Light Munich

I would also be interested to see if anyone would want to split any, or all, of the following:

Victory (I can take up to 10lb)
Special B (I can take up to 1/2 sack)
CaraRed (I can take up to 10lb)
Torrified Wheat (I can take 10lb)

I thought that meant you wanted these splits, so I'd put you on for those amounts. Do you want to change them to 15# each? What would you do with 25# of Special B anyway? 15# is even a lot.

Hmm, earlier you said this:

I thought that meant you wanted these splits, so I'd put you on for those amounts. Do you want to change them to 15# each? What would you do with 25# of Special B anyway? 15# is even a lot.

Yeah, do me 15# of each then. That would open up 10# of Special B for someone else. Sorry.

Anyone that wants to pick up their stuff in Frederick County I live in Monrovia so I can pick yours up for you.

You must pay and let someone know I have your permission of course.

You may have to sample a couple of my beers when you pick up. :mug:

And your welcome to bring a few if you want. :D

I work in Gaithersburg so dropping it off in that area would work as well.

Back