Peaches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrchaos101

Reaction score
I have no juicer. I have an entire case of palisade peaches... ..how do i juicem for wine?

I just slice and ferment the whole peach minues the pit. I don't waste my time juicing them. More rounded flavor to the wine then just juice.
If you want to go to the effort of juicing them I would leave the peal on. Less lost juice. Unless the peals clogg the juicer. Then take off half.

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

No blender!!!!! That will make a huge amount of sludge and the wine may be hard to clear.

Is there any reason I cannot take about 50 lbs of ripe peaches and press them in a basket press like grapes or apple cider and make the wine out of that juice? Has anybody done this rather than 3 or 4 lbs per gallon?

Yooper, thanks for the link. I am trying the peach raisin recipe. It looks pretty straight forward and based on the age of the link must be well tested.

Kinda late but, to juice with no juicer we have always put the fruit in a pot on the stove with just a little water to maybe almost to cover. Bring to just a boil and turn off heat. When cool dump in a stariner and let drip. We have the old cone shaped strainers with a stand. Like the ones in antique museums:). Works like a charm. You can also put the pulp in a paint strainer dag and hang or press to get the juice.
When we make jelly I take the left over pulp an make a seconds wine with it. Or add it to whatever wine is fermenting. Lots of good stuff still in the pulp fot wine:).

It's never too late. I started a batch of peaches and I'm looking for ways to remove the pulp. Currently the CO2 is lifting it to the top and I'm skimming but might have to run it through a strainer when I rack into my secondary.

I started with some canned peaches that started to ferment so I boiled them to kill what was their, mashed them up to release the juice and pitched yeast after the temp came down.

It's never too late. I started a batch of peaches and I'm looking for ways to remove the pulp. Currently the CO2 is lifting it to the top and I'm skimming but might have to run it through a strainer when I rack into my secondary.

I started with some canned peaches that started to ferment so I boiled them to kill what was their, mashed them up to release the juice and pitched yeast after the temp came down.

Go to Lows or Home Depot or some such place. Buy paint strainer bags, the five galeon ones. Rinse them off with water and or a sanatizer. Place in a clean bucket and pour your fermenting wine sludge into it. Tie the top and cover bucket with a towl. Stir twice daily, poking the bag under each time. When it is done fermenting simply take out the bag of fruit sludge. No mess no fuss. Easy! Next time start with the fruit in the bag!!! You will save yourself lots of trouble.
Right now the fruit is comming to the top, so it is still activly fermenting. When it sinks to the bottom it is done. Now it can use the extra air it will get being dumped from one bucket to the other. After it is done fermenting it will not like that much air. When you skimm off the top fruit you are removing some good fermentable fruit. I would leave it all in. I like the full bodied flavor wine gets when fermented on whole fruit over just juice.
Because you boiled your fruit it is gonna be a pita to clear. Be sure to use pectin emzyme, maybe even extra. Also, do not puree it next time!!! That is gonna also make it a pita to clear, with lots of lost wine because of it.
Good luck:)

Back