slow beer pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie1980

Reaction score
i have a little problem with a very slow pour from my kegerator, my beer is cooled to 4 c i have approx 9ft of 3/16 beer line the pressure is approx 12 - 15 psi, somebody told me i needed 9ft of beer line or is this too long or too short.

I use 5 ft of 3/16" for 12psi with no problems, but many here swear that you need 10' lines. If you google "balanced keg system" you'll find plenty of calculators to figure it out for your setup.

I don't keg,but I was wondering if 4C (about 39F) might be too cold over time? I even keep my fridge set at like 47F with the digital control panel,anything lower & things start freezing.

I don't keg,but I was wondering if 4C (about 39F) might be too cold over time? I even keep my fridge set at like 47F with the digital control panel,anything lower & things start freezing.

I keep my keg at 38, and have never had any issues.

I also keep my fridge at 36 and have never had any problems with anything freezing.

When I had my fridge set to,say 38-42F,after a time things started freezing in the back. 47F seems to be great.

ok very unsure on the calaculations think i need 7ft of 3/16 so ill cut to 7ft sound correct?

Not sure what your inputs are, but it sounds reasonable. I'd give it a try at 7 1/2 feet and see how it goes. You can always go a little longer, but if you go to short, its starts foaming pretty quickly.

Back