Northern Brewer customer service is great.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JebCkr

Reaction score
A. The title is to make up for my post the other day. It came across as a complaint when I really just wanted feedback from other people so I'd know what to expect.
B. They called me at 9 this morning and made it right no questions asked. Very nice of them and I'll definitely be doing business with them again.

And now I get to make Brando O's Graff, which I have high hopes for.:mug:

Oh, and on an unrelated note...has anyone used a nylon paint strainer as a grain bag? I forgot to buy one and thought I'd use that instead of adding them loose since I am doing PM.

Oh, and on an unrelated note...has anyone used a nylon paint strainer as a grain bag?

I use the 1-gallon size for hops all the time, and used to use the 5-gallon size back when I was doing partial mashes. I also know several people who use them for BIAB brewing.

I use the 5 gallon nylon paint strainer bags to do Brew In A Bag, which allows me to do AG batches on the stovetop. My limit is about 12lbs of grain or so...so if I need more then that I'll need to do a PM instead.

It works rather well; for my first 2 AG batches I got 77% and 68% efficiency, respectively. I think when I nail my process down and start crushing my own grain I should be able to get that number higher still.

I like NB a lot too. Haven't had any issues with them whatsoever.

The paint strainer bags have worked well for my BIAB brews.

Never had to deal withe their customer service, but my orders are always shipped in a timely manner (next business day) and arrive within 5 days (brewsaver shipping). Prices are good and the ingredients are fresh.... which is more than I can say for my LHBS, where prices are 2-3 times as much for old ingredients (They want 50+ bucks for a simple Ale with just hopped LME, DME and dry yeast... no specialty grains, no yeast options).

LHBS gets my business for last minute things I realize I forgot, and NB gets everything else that I can wait a few days for (I'm pretty good about planning ahead, so that covers 99%)

Back