Keezer or Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcrawford

Reaction score
I just moved into a new house and i'm going to buy a kegerator. Right now I have 2 corney kegs with picnic taps and a 5lbs co2 tank. I don't have a basement but there is a small spot in the kitchen or maybe living room where this bad-boy is going.

- I want to keep it sorta small something like the sanyo or a small keezer. Energy efficient is also good.
- I want to be able to lager - so either in the kegerator with the kegs out or maybe in my main kitchen fridge? or maybe something big enough for 2 kegs and a carboy
- Eventually i'll go for nice faucets but for the next few months the picnic taps are going to work fine.
- I want to keep this as cheap as possible, but i'll drop 200 bucks if need be.
- if i get a small fridge i don't have to buy a separate temp controller..

So what should I do, and anyone have any good deals. I live in Denver - best buy, home depot, lowes are all on the way home. So i'll buy something today.

this looks like a good way to go - a bit pricey but nice. do i need a temp controller and where is the best place to get one?

You should take the time and do it right. If you throw something together then you will end up having to buy/remake something down the road. Then the extra time/money you spend will make it all the worthwhile. :mug:

Yeah, because that is meant to keep things just above freezing.

http://www.coleparmer.com/Catalog/product_view.asp?sku=9352000
This is by far the best price that I have seen.

Back