What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diamond Knot Brewing Company

Industrial India Pale Ale

While the regular IPA had a little too much toast in it for my taste, this one is better. It still has similar toasty characteristics as the IPA, the fuller, slightly sweeter malt rounds it out better. It could be a little lighter and drier, but for a 7.9% beer, it's close.

The lady at Malt and Vine was right and I can see why she prefers the Industrial IPA over the regular IPA. Not the greatest IIPA I've ever had, but a very good effort.

Coffee (for now), switching to water, then to beer. Get up in the morning and repeat.

What's in my beer fridge, you ask?

Left Hand APA, Dale's Pale Ale, my own Spicy Blonde, and my rendition of Denny Conn's Rye IPA.

Aldersgrove Empirical Stout

This is made by probably the smallest commercial brewery ever. I had high expectations from this beer, coming from a brewery that is smaller than many of the systems on this board. This stout does not disappoint.

The aroma is big on the chocolate with fruity notes of plums and figs coming through. The malt flavors are thick and rich, big on cocoa, with just enough sweetness to compliment the bitterness from the hops and roast. Roasted flavor comes through in the finish, helping it to dry. The mouthfeel on this beer is huge. It has the feel of a 9-10% beer while at a respectable 7.5%.

I doubt you can find this beer outside Washington. If you ever see this beer in the Seattle/Everett area, grab some. It is very tasty and well made. I bought this beer on face value because it is handmade by a homebrewer gone pro. I'd buy it again because it is a fantastic beer.

Southern Tier Creme Brule Stout. Taste is a bit artificial, like they added creme brule extract to a nice imperial stout. Its ok, probably wont buy again.

My own attempt at a triple hopped miller light (my surname=miller)

this beer is a pils base, very light in color, 8% alcohol and 14oz of hops in a 5 gallon batch :)

I think its better than the original.

On my second half liter of my Element 56 Pale Ale. Still a bit young, but tasty. Also, it's a tad on the dark side of pale. But tasty.

And just over 6% ABV. :drunk:

Definitely gettin' my druck on tonight!

-Steve

Just tapped a keg of JZ's Amber, man is it good.
Started the evening with one of Tasty's IIPA's from the longshot 6er, extra tasty!

Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti. Their use of the word 'decadent' is pretty accurate.

Southern Tier Gemini (blend of 50% unfiltered Hoppe and 50% Unearthly).

Lots o' hoppy complexity: Columbus, Chinook, Cascade, Amarillo, Styrian Golding.

stoudttriple.jpg

Lagunitas - Cruising With Ruben & The Jets

Ruben & The Jets.jpg

It's a stout with a big malty plummy note in there. A good bit of dark crystal, maybe Special B. The roast in the finish helps dry it out.

Well, not right now, but last night. Frenchtown, NJ's Ship Inn. Hand pumped English IPA. Delicious!

And they had a "to go" special. A half gallon growler for $7 ($5 for just the refill). So, I'll be drinking it tonight too. :cross:

Back