What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForumRunner_20130224_192240.png

Barrel Aged Plead The 5th,

Most balanced BA Imperial Stout out there IMHO. I absolutely love the stuff.

brutha, if you can find a sample bottle of the Johnny Green or Gold, pick them up. much better than the black, but not as good as the blue.:rockin: and I'm a fan of Glenmorangie. haven't tried their upper crust stuff though.

I just grabbed the shooters of scotch we had at the liquor store I work at. I think we have 375ml of the Johnnie gold, so I might have to try that. Any recommendations for reasonably priced scotches for a beginner?

my own face. what?!? GET SOME!!!

and I blended the dregs from both those Saison batches. gonna wash & use the whole dram thing in another batch. and I ended up with 1/2 bottle from each batch, so I blended them.

So do you not work Mondays either or do you just like to start the week with a bang?

That's a sturdy looking box!

That's what he said.

Had a mini tasting session with my brother in law. St Bernardus ABT 12, Prima Pils, Weyerbacher imperial pumpkin, homebrew pumpkin, some tripel they were selling for a buck a bomber (I shouldve known better...), Founders BS, Founders Dirty Bastard, and homebrew cranberry ale. I did not do my research before I went to the beverage store, so I had no idea what Prima Pils was all about when my BIL got a growler. I am slowly but surely turning him into a beer nerd and getting him away from the BMC only crowd. He didnt seem to mind the taste but I knew it had too much hop flavor for him. Funniest thing ever was when the woman at the growler station asked for his MAN CARD when he walked up holding a 12ver of Bud platinum!!! Insulting for a worker to say that to a customer, but still funny!!

brosnuff, I make the weekends my beesflactch! I'm like a Great White Lion Snake song. it's hard to rock like I do. you can call me Trunkenbold.:rockin:

Well in that case, since I've only been drinking for 10hrs and still have some bottling to do, I guess it's time for some big beers. I better not break my no fancy beer drunk rule and open that Black Albert.

Well in that case, since I've only been drinking for 10hrs and still have some bottling to do, I guess it's time for some big beers. I better not break my no fancy beer drunk rule and open that Black Albert.

I almost cracked open one of my remaining Goose Island Bourbon County Brand '08's tonight. I must resist.... the temptation!!!!

ForumRunner_20130224_211023.jpg

My Turbodog Clone (first all grain) is done conditioning. Tastes different but amazing. Like a chocolate porter. This is gonna be 5 gallons of pleasure.

Friend's RIS that was briefly in a new barrel. Not briefly enough me thinks.

image-1538722663.jpg

Robust porter from the second runnings of my RIS.

This thing is crazy complex, coffee and vanilla additions and freshly kegged.

Chocolate, smoke, coffee, vanilla, spice, some maple syrup I'm the nose.

It was an after thought that turned out amazing!

image-2413966076.png

What do you think of the Bayou Sunset? I didn't care much for it.

I tried a sample and it taste just like coffee. I'll let you know once I get into the growler. So far I like but I got four growlers to go through lol. Next time ill go to the other place and check it out. I'm always want to get growlers especially stuff you can't get in bottles/cans.

Resin by Sixpoint. Anyone want to send more of this out my way??? Haha. So delicious. The hop aroma when you crack open the can is kiler.

I can send you some. Just send me a pm and we can work something out. Resin is awesome!

DisturbdChemist said:
I tried a sample and it taste just like coffee. I'll let you know once I get into the growler. So far I like but I got four growlers to go through lol. Next time ill go to the other place and check it out. I'm always want to get growlers especially stuff you can't get in bottles/cans.

I sampled it when I was there, but I thought the strong coffee flavor clashed too much with the hops. So instead I got a Cherry Chocolate Stout from Deep Ellum. I need to go back and get a refill. Their selection changes quite often and it seems like they always have something I've never tried before.

Cooper's Stout/Dark Ale Toucan

Just finishing off a 750ml bottle of this while I wait for the wife to call (she's a nurse pulling a night shift) so I can go to bed.

Gixxer said:
Had a mini tasting session with my brother in law. St Bernardus ABT 12, Prima Pils, Weyerbacher imperial pumpkin, homebrew pumpkin, some tripel they were selling for a buck a bomber (I shouldve known better...), Founders BS, Founders Dirty Bastard, and homebrew cranberry ale. I did not do my research before I went to the beverage store, so I had no idea what Prima Pils was all about when my BIL got a growler. I am slowly but surely turning him into a beer nerd and getting him away from the BMC only crowd. He didnt seem to mind the taste but I knew it had too much hop flavor for him. Funniest thing ever was when the woman at the growler station asked for his MAN CARD when he walked up holding a 12ver of Bud platinum!!! Insulting for a worker to say that to a customer, but still funny!!

Forgot to add Westy 12 to that list...

I sampled it when I was there, but I thought the strong coffee flavor clashed too much with the hops. So instead I got a Cherry Chocolate Stout from Deep Ellum. I need to go back and get a refill. Their selection changes quite often and it seems like they always have something I've never tried before.

The little sample was coffee strong but I got a growler to try it. I'll drink it anyway but I did not taste the hops. But I rather get a growler because I cant get it in bottles

Doing some scotch tasting tonight to see what I like. I'll post my findings later.

So far I've had the famous grouse and the Johnnie Walker black. The famous grouse smelled and tasted sweet and had honey-like aromas and flavors, but wasn't very smooth. The JW black is more smokey, but is very smooth. So far, I prefer the JW.

MrNic said:
Doing some scotch tasting tonight to see what I like. I'll post my findings later.

You may want to search around for a bar that has a nice scotch selection, or someone that offers whisky tasting. I'm not fond of any of those, they are pretty bottom rung. As a starter scotch Glenmorangie is a nice drinkable and relatively inexpensive whisky. If you find it's not your thing, it is mellow enough to use in mixed drinks.

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Resin by Sixpoint. Anyone want to send more of this out my way??? Haha. So delicious. The hop aroma when you crack open the can is kiler.

I have access to sixpoint resin and their others. 3beans is good too. Let me know

Having a double IPA with floating hop matter that I made . Not pretty but it is Damn tasty.

Back