First Drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainbrewdude

Reaction score
So after 5 days of being in the bottle I could not wait anymore, I chilled down my ipa and had one, Actually poured great with good carbonation and head retention. Taste was great! I know it will get better but I mean after 5 days, I was really really surprised! No real off flavors, very pleased so far

Congrats on the brew. My bottle conditioned beers have been pretty decent after a week, then really solid after two. I know a lot of people advocate waiting longer... but I haven't noticed any improvement in my brews after two weeks in the bottle. Of course, I haven't brewed anything really malty or really complex. At any rate- enjoy that homebrew! :mug:

Congrats ! The longer you let it sit, the more the hop flavor will change and mature. Make sure you set a good 6 aside to try after a month at least. It will taste very different. Knock the rest back, but set a few aside so you can see first hand what a little extra maturation will do for you.

The hops in my IPA also seemed to hide the greenness in the beer when it was young and tasted good after a week. but now that its been bottled for almost three weeks its getting much better, and I have gone through 1/2 a case already. I wish I had waited.

Congrats
:mug:

'm heading up to Banner Elk next weekend. I was born there. You near by?

IPAs are usually cracked open young because they tend to lose hop aroma when aged. I usually allow 1-2 months of age on an IPA/IIPA and I usually consume between 2 and 3 month mark before the aroma hops have time to fade. I'm with you though... It's hard to keep your hands off the brew
:mug:

Back