Hello from Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indylarry

Reaction score
Hi, I am from the Indianapolis area. I first thought about getting into homebrewing when I was in college and had a homebrew from a buddy. I have looked into it repeatedly since then, but never took the plunge.

Lately, I had found the Basic Brewing podcast and it perked my interest again. I don't yet have all my equipment together, but my wife bought me John Palmer's "How to Brew" and I bought a propane burner and aluminum pot.

If your in the Indianapolis area, let me know. I would love to have a homebrew mentor.

Welcome to HBT. Your wife bought you a great book - it's loaded with tons of info.

Good luck with your brewing.

My wife bought me the same book. It's a must read. I'm not from indy but I'm in Champaign, IL (only about 2 hours from there). Maybe once you get up and going we can trade some brews.

nb

Thanks guys.

Bulldog, it looks like we are both rabid Colts fans as well.

I am going to try to start my first extract in the next week or so. I am looking for a good local homebrew supply store. Any suggestions?

indylarry said:
Thanks guys.

Bulldog, it looks like we are both rabid Colts fans as well.

I am going to try to start my first extract in the next week or so. I am looking for a good local homebrew supply store. Any suggestions?

I went there yesterday and they have quite a bit of stuff. Some things were expensive but if you dont have time to wait on shipping then it is ok. I thought they had a good selection of just about everything ..

Great Fermentations is the best in the Indy area. It might be a little more expensive than what you can find on a website, but you have it in your hand immediately and they are very helpful with good advice, that makes it worth the extra. Plus, you should support your local store so they are always there.

Indylarry... hey I am in Indy (Avon) and have been AG brewing for a couple years... if you need anything let me know! I have a pound of Hallertau in the freezer if you are in the mood to brew something German... Here is the rig I just completed... welcome to the obesession! PM me anytime!

DSCN0454.jpg

Are you an airline guy too? I am a CA over at Republic...

Thanks on the rig... it gets a major upgrade every year, third year in the hobby...

Latest posts

Back