Your favorite mug?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMSetzler

Reaction score
I'm sure most folks have a favorite mug for drinking their homebrew. I have mine shown below but I'd like to start collecting some more unique beer mugs to have on hand...

mug.jpg

Show your favorite mug :)

I'm sure most folks have a favorite mug for drinking their homebrew. I have mine shown below but I'd like to start collecting some more unique beer mugs to have on hand...

mug.jpg

Show your favorite mug :)

that is one bad-ass beer mug :mug:
I've got a nice little collection of beer glasses, but they're just that - glasses.

This is my goto glass for most but I try to use the correct glass for the more specialized beers. The Warsteiner .5 liter is super heavy and seems to be great quality. Picked it up at a glass night at the local Flying Saucer.
glass_warsteiner_mugs_5l.jpg

Depends what I'm drinking...

If it's a stout or barleywine, I go with my Deschutes snifter. If it's an IPA or something very aromatic, I use my Sam Adams specialty glasses. For everything in between, I have a set of my own personalized British imperial style pint glasses with my Revolt Brewing logo.

...Sorry, I don't have the ability to post the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

It really depends on what I'm drinking. I have tulip glass that I use for Belgians and sours. Generally I use my Sierra Nevada tulip glass for that, I think mainly because it's just the easiest one to access in the cabinet and it sticks out because of the printing on it. For a regular pale ale or similar I use a sort of fluted pint glass I got as a prize for winning a competition a couple years ago, or one of the Sam Adams "perfect pint" glasses that I got as a gift. For hefs, I have an Ayinger glass that I won in some kind of contest a couple years ago.

5428464907_7fb3472826_z.jpg

I don't usually fill it that much so I can stick my nose in there to get a nice amount of aroma before drinking. Love that glass. I also use a Deschutes and a Trois Mousquetaires snifter when that one is dirty.

Although I prefer the Warsteiner, below is actually what I use the most. A pint glass and koozie from Saint Arnold. I like to enjoy every taste of my beer so the koozie keeps it nice and cool but I still have the reverence of an actual glass and not an insulated cup or bottle.

Koozie_blue.jpg

I will update with some pics, but I have a collection of about 25 Assignment Night pint glasses.

For those not familiar, assignment night is the ceremony/party held for each class graduating AF pilot training. Everybody finds out what kind of plane they will be flying after graduation. Each class makes a class patch that is unique to them and sells pint glasses with the patch printed on for $5. If you have one of their glasses you drink free until the kegs are empty. Usually the graduating class buy 3-4 kegs for the night with the money they made from selling the glasses.

Back