Beersmith desktop versus mobile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hennja2

Reaction score
What features would I miss out on by buying the mobile version instead of the desktop? ( I've never used either of them)

I have both of them. I would recommend buying both. If I had to choose, I would buy the desktop version. It is a lot easier to use especially when creating a recipe from scratch. You can still use the free phone app to view recipes in your cloud folder, you just can't edit.

I too am looking for info on this. I don't really have easy access to a PC, and pretty much live on my ipad. Can anyone list off the major differences between the two? Would a beginner really notice the difference?

I am wonderin the same thing. It now seems they are pretty close, just less features in the moble version. I know they mesh well together, I do like the idea of having my tablet out there for brew day with a timer and all.

I have both as well, and will echo the comment above. The desktop is more user friendly in regards to building recipes, setting up you equipment profile etc. It's also has all the add ons for the new yeasts, hops, grain and adjuncts. As far as I know, you can't just upload these add ons to the mobile app. When you transfer a recipe via the cloud from the desktop to the mobile app it does go with it. Personally i wouldn't recommend the mobile as a stand alone service, but that's just my opinion. It does have the timers, is good for shopping for ingredients, weighing out grains in the basement, and keeping all of that in your pocket.

Back