Keezer Build Questions:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosster01

Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to build a keezer and I was wondering what you guys thought of the following chest freezer: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/app/5405551763.html

It's cheap, and smaller which is what I like. I have a small house and I need it to not take up too much space.

My goal is to have this fit 2 kegs with 2 taps and a 5 lb CO2 tank. Do you think this will fit all of that?

If you don't think this would be a good keezer build, I'd appreciate suggestions about specific models of chest freezers which would work better.

Also any other suggestions for someone that isn't the most "handy" concerning the build process would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

There's a great thread on here that covers lots of models. It may be a little dated (meaning I'm not sure if it's updated, haven't checked) but it has a lot of great info on many different models. I also don't know how to link a thread from my phone, but you can search for the thread "chest freezer specs and layout".

You don't want to buy an older freezer only to have it crap out in 6 months after spending the time & money on your keezer build. Ask how old it is and whether they think it could need any freon (An indirect way to find out if it's had any problems getting down to temp). If they say; "it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get it charged with freon". Steer clear as that would indicate to me that they have a had a problem with the freezer.
Not sure how many taps you'd like to have but just looking at the photo it will probably only hold 1 keg or possibly 2 if you put one on the hump AND put your co2 bottle outside the freezer. Ask for internal dimensions. Make sure they measure the bottom itself then the overall internal dimension including the hump.

Back