Voting time again...BIPA Label...please help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer?

• Black Magic Background w/ B&W Hops within logo

• B&W Hops Background w/ Black Magic within logo

Results are only viewable after voting.

BSBrewer

Reaction score
Need your help again...

Brewing this one for my buddy who runs www.newjerseycraftbeer.com for when he does his official launch (as you can see the site is live now but has only soft-launched)

Option 1: Black Magic Background/B&W hops in logo

164554_813881912088_12701072_43769922_6751947_n.jpg

Option 2: B&W Hops Background/Black Magic in logo

167276_813881947018_12701072_43769924_5911570_n.jpg

This just one person's opinion so don't take it too seriously, but I'm not sure the b&w hops are necessary at all - if you go with the first one, I would replace the hops with something a little less busy. Keep the attention on the bull/name/brewery name instead of having to look so closely to see 'wait, those are hops in the background'. As-is I think it's a bit tough to take it all in just a glance.

I do think the hops work great in number 2 however - the lighter background makes the bull 'pop', keeping the focus on the bull/name while still giving the background an interesting note.

Overall hope I don't seem to negative - I wish I had the time and skills to spend on making labels as awesome as these! cheers,

+1 for the first choice.

I think the first one looks "cleaner", and I don't mean that in an offensive way.

I think both look awesome, but I think the hops in the background (on the second label) don't really stickout enough to make a huge difference and take a little bit away from the main design. I think if anything, the hops in the background distract the eye a bit from the main design. The first one looks very clean, and the hops being behind the bull add a little something without distracting from the main design.

Again, don't get me wrong, they both look awesome! Personally, I just prefer the first label. Great job on those labels!! I hope I didn't offend you bro (I honestly did not mean to offend), just giving my honest opinion.

I am agreement with batty. The first one is my choice, but sans hops. The hops don't seem to fit with the rest of the label. Aside from that, great looking labels!

After looking at it again, I think what throws me off is the cartoonish label, with the actual hops. Perhaps you should cartoonize the hops or use a hops pattern instead of photo quality hops. Just a thought.

+1 for the first label. However, you may want to find a better quality image. The current black magic image is pretty low res.

The black magic image in the 2nd label isn't recognizable in the small amount of space. Most would probably find it confusing.

Back