"Guilty" confessions of a beer enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weizenwerks said:
I'm not their emotional tampon nor responsible for their thin skin.

Using the word "but" is a negator which negates any statement before the negator. If you use the word "but" in that statement the statement of "not to be a dick" is negated and is false. Using the word "but" doesn't excuse what you are about to state. Saying "not to be a dick, but" clearly negates "not to be a dick".:)

You seem like a really fun guy to hang out with, but.....

he's just a common internet troll. my momma used to say that if a dog barks at you, don't get on your hands and knees and bark back at it - just ignore it!

Using the word "but" is a negator which negates any statement before the negator.

"No", "not", "never", and so on are grammatical negations, because they invert the meaning of the clause they modify.

"But" does no such thing. "But" is a conjunction, similar in function to "and." The difference between "but" and "and" is that "but" is used when you want to relate two opposing or seemingly contradictory ideas in a sentence.

If you say "I love beer, but I dislike Russian Imperial Stout," you not saying that you dislike beer; rather, you are saying you love beer, with one exception. If you say "I don't mean to be a dick, but you are a terrible person and I wish pain and misfortune upon you and your descendants," you are acknowledging the fact that what you are about to say is dickish, and are attempting to absolve yourself of that impression.

In conclusion: Pick up a grammar textbook next time you feel like getting your troll on.

I have nothing against light lagers per se, it's just the absolutely DEAD taste of Bud and Miller. PBR on draught in Milwaukee used to be a thing of beauty and any number of Asian beers (Tsing Tao, "33", San Miguel) are light, bright and refreshing.

Weizen, have you been making videos on youtube? Is this you?
No. I'm not on Youtube and certainly don't wear jewelry nor glasses. Furthermore, a guy like that in the video who gets that excited about dry yeast has serious issues. Yikes. :drunk:

You must live the most sad, boring life imaginable.
People that need fast food to feel happy about their life are pretty pathetic. There is so much more to life than chicken nuggets or 99 cent burgers.

No hard feelings fella, must be tough having to slum it with all us hillbilly cretins. Watch out, our poor taste might rub off.
I don't get offended by people on the Internet. It takes a lot for a person to offend me face to face, let alone on a forum. I don't lose any sleep over it. For those with thin skin, figure the world has ~7 billion people on it and you're going to let ONE person ruin your day?

And I'm willing to bet a vast majority of the members here live in an incorporated municipality and are not by any stretch "hillbilly cretins" (your words, not mine).

Wow weizen, and you're like, trying to have your own little micro brew with an attitude like yours? Or that's what I gather from your sig and profile. Can honestly say, I would never buy anything from someone with a piss poor attitude like yours.

Wow man, just wow. People like you with your elitest, scummy, unpleasant attitudes with copies of the Reinheitsgebot stuck so far up your arse that you walk funny are a bane upon this otherwise enjoyable hobby. I think of poor souls that might someday walk into your little microbrew, have the unfortunate experience of speaking with your unlikable arse and be chased away from craft/homebrew forever because of it, thinking that all brewers are pompus *****ebags like yourself.

May your brew be forever infected, and taste of Satans ass.

I brew w/ adjuncts often (all grain). And not embarrassed either. Done tastefully, makes for great lagers. I currently just floated a keg of Schlitz clone that EVERYBODY loved. I have a Dos XX clone on tap right now thats tasty- both were made w/ flaked corn. And PBR is my "barn beer" of choice...

I brew w/ adjuncts often (all grain). And not embarrassed either. Done tastefully, makes for great lagers. I currently just floated a keg of Schlitz clone that EVERYBODY loved. I have a Dos XX clone on tap right now thats tasty- both were made w/ flaked corn. And PBR is my "barn beer" of choice...

The OP, not the general public...

Wow weizen, and you're like, trying to have your own little micro brew with an attitude like yours? Or that's what I gather from your sig and profile.
Operated a nanobrewery for the past 4 years and am now building a microbrewery. I'm doing just fine financially, thanks.

Can honestly say, I would never buy anything from someone with a piss poor attitude like yours.
Awww, that makes me so sad. :(

Wow man, just wow. People like you with your elitest, scummy, unpleasant attitudes with copies of the Reinheitsgebot stuck so far up your arse that you walk funny are a bane upon this otherwise enjoyable hobby.
You sure do get bent out of shape when someone expresses a contrary opinion about a hobby, don't you? It's just a hobby. Get your panties in a wad about this stuff? If that's the case, you seriously need to get a life. You take life too seriously. So much anger over me not liking yellow fizzy beer with no flavor.

I think of poor souls that might someday walk into your little microbrew, have the unfortunate experience of speaking with your unlikable arse and be chased away from craft/homebrew forever because of it, thinking that all brewers are pompus *****ebags like yourself.
You mean those customers that have bought my beer for the past 4 years? Shame isn't it?
I bet he has more fruit in his fermenter than fall time farmer's market. ;)
Nope.
Here comes a "I never use adjuncts ever" retort, Zamial
Yup. No adjuncts in my beer ever.

My new guilty beer enthusiast confession is watching this thread. What a mess, this thing is like watching the real housewives of wherever. My favorite part is where weiz says something *****ey and seems oblivious to his level of *****iness. Please keep it up this is incredibly entertaining.

I am a blue collar guy who enjoys a nice Corona or Blue Moon after a hard days work, especially on a hot day.

Hell, I was in Miami for the holidays and could not think of one of my homebrews I would have enjoyed in 80 degree weather.

I plan on making Beirmuncher's Blue Balls clone this spring to be enjoyed all summer :mug:

Operated a nanobrewery for the past 4 years and am now building a microbrewery. I'm doing just fine financially, thanks.

Interesting that you say you have operated a nano brewery for the past 4 years when the following link I'm going to start a brewery (beer) found with a basic google search for your brewery name states that you had only started the planning stage of your nano brewery as of February 10th 2011 (not quite 4 years by my math). I don't actually care what your view point on the whole yellow fizzy tasteless beer thing is. I just don't like when people lie to try and make themselves seem more knowledgeable or important.

Interesting that you say you have operated a nano brewery for the past 4 years when the following link I'm going to start a brewery (beer) found with a basic google search for your brewery name states that you had only started the planning stage of your nano brewery as of February 10th 2011 (not quite 4 years by my math). I don't actually care what your view point on the whole yellow fizzy tasteless beer thing is. I just don't like when people lie to try and make themselves seem more knowledgeable or important.

Owned!!! Hahahahahaha

Airborneguy said:
I'd say you just took snobbery to a whole new level.

Revvy said:
You're the kind of *****enozzell that that gives us all a bad name.

I think we have the EAC of the decade here folks. :rolleyes:
I've been holding off on this guy (barely) just to see if he would level out. I can see that he's not going to get better and will indeed claim the D-bag title for this decade although OldWorld was close behind. I kind of think of these guys as their own worst enemies. Almost as if there is some helpless part of them staring with horror at the computer screen as yet another *****ey comment is typed and then posted. Btw did you know that he makes more money than most of us would ever dream making custom firearms? Yep, he said so. There has got to be some kind of place for these guys to mingle amongst themselves.

I freakin love me some Jack n the box jalapeno poppers :9

Prymal said:

Epic ***** slap of death!

There has got to be some kind of place for these guys to mingle amongst themselves. :9

there is, it's called BeerAdvocate.com! :ban:

edit: upon reading the blog linked above, i think someones full of doo doo. that blog contradicts so many things i've seen Wiezenwerks post on other threads over the last few weeks. :ban: too funny!

NordeastBrewer77 said:
edit: upon reading the blog linked above, i think someones full of doo doo. that blog contradicts so many things i've seen Wiezenwerks post on other threads over the last few weeks. :ban: too funny!

Look at this one.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/selling-beer-290629/
He claims that he not only owns a firearm company (I can't begin to imagine how much time and expense would be involved in that) but he is also a full salaried sheriffs deputy! This guy is amazing!

Oh but wait, on the ********* site he was looking for someone to do graphics for his brewery on the cheap because he's "poor" :confused:

I actually PM'd him after reading that thread. I was very surprised to hear that a department allowed professional brewing and dealing with firearms. Seemed very strange to me.

I distinctly remember reading where someone wanted to buy some of his beer, and he claimed that he could only serve it on site. But then in a different thread (above) he claimed he petitioned for zoning to make it at his home. Aren't we all running nano-breweries then? Where is the difference?

Hey Weizen, you don't have to lie to kick it! Everyone gets along here man, its no big deal if you don't own a brewery

Look at this one.
He claims that he not only owns a firearm company (I can't begin to imagine how much time and expense would be involved in that) but he is also a full salaried sheriffs deputy! This guy is amazing!

Oh but wait, on the ********* site he was looking for someone to do graphics for his brewery on the cheap because he's "poor" :confused:

oh yeah, i remember that thread!!! i forgot that was this dude! :fro: sounds like a jack (off) of all trades. :ban:
if he needs a graphic designer, i'm married to a great one, he should PM me for quotes.

No that is not me. I'm not a member of that forum.

Look at this one.
He claims that he not only owns a firearm company (I can't begin to imagine how much time and expense would be involved in that) but he is also a full salaried sheriffs deputy!
Yes I own a company that is licensed to manufacture firearms. You immediately think it has to be some investor funded conglomerate, but you're sadly mistaken. Most firearm manufacturing companies are small operations. I make custom competition firearms.

Again, I'm not a member of that site.
BTW, right on his profile page it says "In the process of starting a brewery in Wisconsin." He joined in February of 2011. Short 4 years.
I live and have a nanobrewery in Michigan, as I've stated before in other threads. I'm building a microbrewery in Wisconsin.

I distinctly remember reading where someone wanted to buy some of his beer, and he claimed that he could only serve it on site. But then in a different thread (above) he claimed he petitioned for zoning to make it at his home. Aren't we all running nano-breweries then? Where is the difference?
No I do not brew commercial beer at home and have never stated that. You are wrong.

Weizenwerks said:
No that is not me. I'm not a member of that forum.

Really. So the guy on the other forum had the same concept, the same name for his company, and was talking about it at the same time as you, but it's not you? Alright, I believe you. :drunk:

bottlebomber said:

Saying he's operated a nano nakes it sound like he's got a real brewery that people love and drink at. It's also easy to go back and say "a nano brewery is just a small scale brewery, not a brewery that sells beer, obviously, duh, don't you poor blue collar adjunct drinking low lifes know anything. We all operate a nano brewery". It would make him feel good, and correct, about it. Like he'll probly point out that the plural of life is lives and that I just spelled probably wrong.

I also find it funny that he sticks strictly to the rheinheitsgebot, but has a summer shandy in his lineup. Hope you follow the german purity laws of lemonade before you blend your shandy. Now tell me how a russ is a traditional german blended drink that Americans ripped off and called a shandy.

Really. So the guy on the other forum had the same concept, the same name for his company, and was talking about it at the same time as you, but it's not you? Alright, I believe you. :drunk:
Like I said, not me. I am not a member of that forum.

Hmmm, right when you posted on that forum, you joined here, and you and stubby both have your location listed simply as "Midwest". You both use weizenworks as the brewery name and specialize in wheat beers and you both build firearms. Either you're full of $hit, or you think we're all dumb.

Back