Lalvin K1V-1116 Attenuation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToastedPenguin

Reaction score
Decided to give hard cider a try so I picked up 5 Gallons of preservative free filtered organic apple juice and a packet of Lalvin K1V-1116 on Friday and got the cider fermenting Friday night. I am use to calculating the FG of my beer based on the OG of the wort and the apparent yeast attenuation in order to gauge when fermentation is close to being done so I wanted to do the same thing for my cider but I can't find the attenuation numbers on the Lalvin website for the yeast that i used.

Is this information not commonly provided for wine yeast and/or is this method of gauging fermentation not used in wine making? Does anyone know what or where to find this information or what I need to do to accomplish a similar prediction for wine/cider?

Thanks,
David

That yeast should have the alchol tolerance listed on the manufacturer's sheet somewhere. I can't remember at the moment, but I want to say it's 14-16%.

Back