What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I just have my Heady clone that's about to go into the keg on Thursday and a Barleywine that's been aging for about four months now.

Gonna try and start the new year off with a bang with a double brewsession this coming Sunday - brewing a Robust Porter and my house Pale Ale, pitching some harvested Conan yeast on the Pale.

I've been a busy brewer in the past few weeks, I tend to brew around 8 batches, one after another to stock up my inventory as it dwindles down, I need to start kegging, I do not enjoy the whole washing and sanitizing bottles thing, partly because I have to wash and sanitize 16 cases!
Any way, I brew a few light APA's for my buddies that cannot handle anything heavier than a blonde ale..he he he, but this is what I have done in the past few weeks, and what is on deck and fermenting:
Cider - this came out amazing! Thank God that I took detailed notes!
Cascade Pale Ale - APA
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale - A little heavy on the Bourbon, this will need to age a bit more
Irish Imperial Ale - I used a darker roasted rye 500 srm instead of 300 srm, this resulted in a slightly darker beer (obviously) with a hint roasted coffee, and a very small hint of chocolate like sweetness, I find it incredible, again, I'm glad I take detailed notes...LOL!!
Golden Amarillo Ale - APA
Oktoberfest - Still lagering 6 weeks
Centennial IPA Clone- This recipe is a dead on Clone - Currently Fermenting
Hoptimum IPA Clone - Another Dead on clone! If I can find an open LHBS to pick up the hops, I'll brew this either today of tomorrow.
Oktoberfest - As soon as the current batch comes out of the mini fridge, another batch goes in to ferment.
I like to have a decent variety on hand, these brews are a few of my "must have on hand" brews, every time I brew, I'll add a new brew to the inventory and take out one that we might be growing tired of for a while.

I like to have a decent variety on hand, these brews are a few of my "must have on hand" brews, every time I brew, I'll add a new brew to the inventory and take out one that we might be growing tired of for a while.

I'm finding that as I get older, notes and a list of "keeper" beers are my best friend... :D

I had filled all 9 of my kegs for late-summer and fall parties last year, so my pipeline remained empty while I worked through my stock. Now some of the kegs are starting to kick, so I've fired up the boil kettle again and started refilling the pipeline. Currently in fermenters: 5 gallons each of Milk Stout and Simcoe SMaSH IPA. This weekend, brewing my award-winning all-Citra Pale Ale.

Von Franken Blonde. Magnum and Opal hops. Changed my mind last minute on yeast, used US-05. Typo on my PM recipe, instead of 1.059 OG I got 1.072. 1 pkg yeast, not good. 36 hours no action in air lock. I opened bucket and found nothing, nada, not a bubble etc. So I pitched my original yeast choice saflager 34/70 (2 pkg) cooled to 52f. So we will see what happens with fermentation and taste.

5 gallons of Caribou Slobber (AG)
5 Gallons of Bell's Two hearted IPA clone(AG)
5 Gallons of Double Chocolate Stout (Extract-Xmas gift from SWMBO she loves it)

soon- 5 Gallons of Bourbon Barrel Porter

Right next to them on the floor is:
10 gallons dry blueberry wine
5 gallons dry peach wine

5 gallons of an APA with Golden Promise with Magnum/Mosaic.

Soon is 5 gallons of an American Wheat with White Wheat/2 row/Munich with Magnum/Sorachi Ace.

In primary I have an English Bitter, the beer half of a Braggot and a Black Currant/Blackberry mead. Don't have anything in secondary. This weekend I'll be making an Irish Red.

IPA, saison, kolsch and funk kolsch.
Next weekend I'll add pale ale to that.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Cream Stout (7%) with lots of coffee and chocolate; some vanilla, cinnamon, and oats were used as well, but shouldn't be as dominant as the coffee/choc. I love a good mocha stout! :mug:

Fermenting:
3 Gallons - Cream of Three Crops - Extract Test Version.
1 Gallon - Beyond Blonde (Brooklyn Brew) All Grain.
2.5 Gallons - American Strong Ale (Made with 2 Mr. Beer kits + some extra DME, Rice Solids and hops I had lying around)

In Fermenter but done:

5 Gallons - Citra Assasin IPA. (Just need to remove dry hops and bottle. Will be posting recipe eventually.)

roggenbier

5 gal

5 lb 2-row
3 lb unmalted rye
2 lb home-malted, home-toasted dark wheat malt

1 oz mt hood 60 min
1 oz mt hood 15 min

one pack of WB-06

65 degrees primary

edit: crushing the home-made wheat malt produced the most heavenly aroma in my recent memory

3 gallons normal Kolsch
3 gallons funky Kolsch
5.5 gallons Saison
5.5 gallons IPA

Can't wait to start a APA this weekend.

Can I just say that having too many carboys is a curse. I went from having 2 - 5 gallon carboys to having 5 total (2x3g, 2x5g, 1x6.5g) and now I feel like if I don't keep at least 4 of them full I will be wasting space.

The saison, the IPA and the kolsch will be bottled on the same day, so I'm going to split the saison and toss it in the 3 gallon the kolsch was in and funk it with some Brett L. But then I will have 2 empty carboys. What to do!! Looks like I will have to brew up the dry stout I have been planning (using a partial sour mash).

But I have so many ideas of trying to funk things and let others age, that in the back of my head I am wondering "should I just get a few more 3 gallon carboys...?"

I need to reign myself in here guys, otherwise I will end up with 10 carboys by the end of the year.

Gonna make me an IPA today to put in vessel #2. I am tired of being cooped up inside from this midwest arctic/snow blast. I gotta do a partial though and use my stove top like old times. Should be fun though and break up the monotony!

Back