heinekin bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutlip74

Reaction score
just started my first batch and wondering if anyone has had good luck using heinekin bottles. thanks, Dustin

They will work ok, but I don't think that they would be anyone's first choice. Just be sure to keep them out of sunlight once filled.

I use them if I have to. I usually try to give those away to people who I'm pretty sure won't be returning the bottles to me. They will work fine, just keep them in the closest or somewhere dark.

todd_k said:
I use them if I have to. I usually try to give those away to people who I'm pretty sure won't be returning the bottles to me. They will work fine, just keep them in the closest or somewhere dark.

This is exactly what I use them for these days...

Most homebrewers prefer brown bottles as they let in the least (if any) uv rays. I have heard that beer in greeen bottles usually has a different smell and taste to it. I kinda agree.

a bottle is a bottle. Just be sure to sanitize. I still have Rolling Rock and New Castles in my bottling mix - make sure to keep them out of direct light

RDWHAHB

:rockin:

I have used some clear bottles never had a problem as long as you keep them out of direct light as many have already said.
In a perfect world only using brown bottles would be optimum. :drunk:

Back