Flat, Room Temp, Green Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
...IS AWESOME!

I just bottled my 1st ale last night... had a couple samples from the half bottle that was left over and MAN it was good.

Ok well maybe not good but it was deffinatly the best flat room temp beer I've ever had..

Can't wait for them to carb up!

Thanks for all your help guys

wingtipz said:
Right on man, you'll be even more impressed when you crack open the first cold one in a couple weeks. I know I was.

^^ EXACTLY ^^ what he said. :D I do know what you mean though. I had a friend come to help me bottle once and he had 1.5 pints of the green stuff. He's been hooked ever since.

I've been known to take some and add just a bit of Bud Light to it for carbonation. BAM!! It's like instant beer...just add water. :ban:

fezzman said:
^^ EXACTLY ^^ what he said. :D I do know what you mean though. I had a friend come to help me bottle once and he had 1.5 pints of the green stuff. He's been hooked ever since.

I've been known to take some and add just a bit of Bud Light to it for carbonation. BAM!! It's like instant beer...just add water. :ban:

Add budlight! That's hilarious! And about the same as adding canned soda water :cross:

haha yeah i'm not sure i'll be adding bud light to it but it was still pretty tasty!

I'm going to brew my mild when I get home tonight...my girlfriend looked through a recipe book I bought the other day and wants a cranberry wheat so thats next..

Really the point of this post was to thank everybody for their help....sure do apprechiate it!

What sort of recipe you planning to use for the cran wheat ?
I'd like to give that a try for next fall.:ban:

greenhornet said:
haha yeah i'm not sure i'll be adding bud light to it but it was still pretty tasty!

I'm going to brew my mild when I get home tonight...my girlfriend looked through a recipe book I bought the other day and wants a cranberry wheat so thats next..

Really the point of this post was to thank everybody for their help....sure do apprechiate it!

It's out of a book "The Homebrewer's Recipe Guide" it's called "New England Cranberry Ale".......well crap I'm wrong about it being a yeast...kinda forgot when she told me: I was on this site!

Anyway the recipe for a "New England Cranberry Ale" is:

6 2/3LB Pale LME
1 Lb Crystal 40
2 oz Roasted Barley
1 1/2 oz Cascade (Bittering)
1/2 oz Mount Hood (Aroma)
1 tsp Gypsum
1 tsp Irish Moss
1 pkg European Ale Yeast
1 Cup Corn Sugar
3/4 Cup Corn Sugar (Priming)

It doesn't say how many cranberrys to use...I guess thats up to you, you know?
It says to put the cranberrys in a food processor then steep with the 1 cup corn sugar in 150 degree water for 10min. Then put them in the secondary and rack the beer onto it...

Sounds pretty good to me but we'll see.

If you want a cranberry wheat recipe I'll see if the book has one...

Take it Easy

(I've got to go check on my boil!!)

OK the boil's doin good It's got 45min left and the next hop addition is at flame out

SO I flipped through the book and found a cranberry wheat recipe

Murph's Cranberry Wheat
(Who the hell is murph?)

6 2/3 LB Ireks Wheat Malt (I heard they don't sell this stuff anymore...I guess regular Wheat LME would work though...)
1 oz Hallertauer (Bittering)
1 oz Tettnanger (Bittering)
2 LB Cranberries
1 Tbs Irish Moss
1 pkg Bavarian Wheat Ale Yeast
3/4 Cup Corn Sugar (priming)

Says to add the hops after 15min into the boil...and add the cranberries (after putting them through a food processor) durring the last 30min of the boil.

hmm sounds pretty good and I've been wanting to make a wheat....maybe i'll see if i can swing her...

adios

greenhornet-
post-up when you're done (and drinking!) the cran wheat.
I know that cranberrys are wicked sour, so adding that sugar sounds like a good idea'r.
And I like the idea of using the real thing instead of some extract.

I just bottled the raspberry wheat. Just for kicks, I ended up mixing some with carbonated water to get a sneak peak. Tasted watered down....go figure...:cross:

Yeah no problem buddy....might be awhile though

I'm thinking of trying a partial mash on the cranberry ale...just gotta figure out how much grain to extract...

well see

take it easy

As with most things homebrew....no rush...

greenhornet said:
Yeah no problem buddy....might be awhile though

I'm thinking of trying a partial mash on the cranberry ale...just gotta figure out how much grain to extract...

well see

take it easy

Well it's been 5 days since I bottled....and I just had to try one..

Its uh kinda carbed made a nice *ptschh when I cracked it open

but man it's still really good...malty and not to hoppy...good and balanced

can't wait for it to finish carbing..

take it easy

greenhornet said:
Well it's been 5 days since I bottled....and I just had to try one..

Its uh kinda carbed made a nice *ptschh when I cracked it open

but man it's still really good...malty and not to hoppy...good and balanced

can't wait for it to finish carbing..

take it easy

God I envy you... my first bottled brew was a pilsner brewed without hops, heaps of dextrose and a LAGER yeast... and I didnt lager it... 4 day ferment, 2 weeks in bottle... could barely drink the stuff it tasted so terrible... so I stuck a 6er in the fridge n forgot about it... that was about 3 months ago and jesus.. the stuff is fantastic! :D

yeah, no hops. It was a kit as a present, and just came like that. Did not even mention anything about hops and I didnt think twice about researching, I was just so happy to start brewing... yeah, that stuff was so eggy you could have scrambled it! :D

Back