Explain your handle / De construct your avatar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a Simpson's joke. there is an episode where homer wants to change his name, and the ideas he has for a new name are Handsome B. Wonderful, Rembrandt Q. Einstein, Hercules Rockefeller, and Max Powers. I liked "hercules Rockefeller the best of all of them. The dog in the picture is my pug, whom my wife allowed me to name Hecules Rockefeller so that I would not be able to give that name to our son. I only found out that she tricked me after the birth cert was signed!

My user name is derived from my occupation. I'm a medical laser systems engineer and erbium YAG (usually abreviated Er:YAG) is one type of solid state lasing medium. The heart of this type of laser is a crystal rod containing yttrium, aluminum and garnet (YAG), doped with the element erbium.

The avatar is an internationally accepted symbol for labeling a laser output.

erbiumyag said:
My user name is derived from my occupation. I'm a medical laser systems engineer and erbium YAG (usually abreviated Er:YAG) is one type of solid state lasing medium. The heart of this type of laser is a crystal rod containing yttrium, aluminum and garnet (YAG), doped with the element erbium.

Yeh, right. I got that.
Were's me beer.

Welp, wife and I had just got moved over to Germany (she's a dental assistant in the army). We are stationed at Baumholder, about a 5 hour drive from Paris. I'd been there before, but my sister was visiting and her and my wife convinced me to make the 5 hour autobahn drive with my still new European driver's license.

And, well, we took the dog. Was a good trip, had some great red wine :)

Still ahve the bottle actually, let me grab real quick: Pierre-Marie chermette: Cuvee traditionnelle

Oh, and seeFresh is my company seeFresh LLC. check me out at http://www.seefresh.net and my other LLC is http://www.anotherprofile.com

I'm a web developer

olllllo said:
bump.

Lots of new people and I need to know.

Also some others missed this the first time around.

Calling out:
aekdbbop
Torchiest
Fiery Sword

sorry man, never saw this....

aekdb is a fraternity motto, I am in the kappa sigma fraternity here at wku... and bbop is a nickname.. sort of like the TMNT character.. there is no reason why...

so i just merged the b's and i have been using this name all over.. gmail, aim...

avatar changes often.. so i wont even get on that.. haha

happy brewing!

Read Focus's post from last September in this thread. Then:

My call sign is Yuri - for reasons I cannot (or will not) explain fully.

The Rage part comes from the fact that I kill people and break things for a living. So, I thought it sounded cool.

My avatar is the old Ford V-8 emblem that appeared on the first cars they produced with V-8 engines. I like old cars, hot rodding, and metal work, so I thought it fit. Interestingly enough, I often fly with the call sign, "Steel 01."

erbiumyag said:

I thought it was "gay Muibre" backwards. I just assumed Muibre was some cool Portugese name, or something. :D

LouisianaVince. I know that's a tough one. My name is Vince, and guess where I live! My avatar simply illustrates one of the MANY wonderful applications of our hobby. What goes better with pizza than a frosty mug of beer?

:mug:

TCHDNSD

TOUCHDOWN SAN DIEGO

My screen name everywhere I go

It's also my license plate. Which is where it started. Your allowed 7 letters.
For awhile it was a very rare saying. Lately it's been a bit more often that San Diego scores a touchdown. If you watch the NFL and can see a San Diego game, when they score, the announcer usually says "Touchdown San Diego" but it originally comes from a sports announcer in SD called Hacksaw Hamilton. Most people don't like him but the way he says it is awesome.

My avatar is simply a recent pic of my boil session. Couldn't find any other pic to use. As for my handle, "geologist", it's because that is my profession. And if you ask any Geologist about drinking you'll find that it's a mandatory requirement to graduate from college and even more so to become a professional Geologist. (As he says to his 3 yr/old son) Another beer please.

Ok, update. Changed my avatar. That's me in that picture, at a work site in Sri Lanka looking at the drill cuttings of a garnet layer of rock that we drilled through. Actually several people gave me the nic of "indy" from the indiana jones affiliation, based on true stories of my working conditions, and later, additional pics of me peering out of a maya ruin in Guatemala where I was working.

Mine came from one of those name generators 3 or 4 years ago.

My name is Traci (Trace for ill.literate lol) and the name generator came up with Shimmy Diamond as my "rock star" name. My friends all loved it and said I should use it. I decided to for awhile and never stopped. I'm Shimmy, or Shimms, to all my friends, online and in person and on every MB I belong to. My old license plate was ShimmyD.

No avatar because I haven't thought of anything good yet.

Can't remember if I ever posted in this one or not. My handle is my middle name, and my avatar is Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Since I changed my avatar I decided to post, along with bumping this up since I like this thread. The pic is my bro face masking a player from the cesspool that is the state to the east of me. Going to all but one game a year was a great experience. I have to make my linebacker ale again, thanks walker again for the label.

Hi, I'm George, and I live in Texas.

My avatar... well, let's just say I'm a smartass sometimes. :D

Read Focus's post from last September in this thread. Then:

lupus is the last half of canis lupus. specie name for timber wolf. lupus is also a really nasty disease the guy who tagged me never made the distinction. the rest is first name last init. erik t.

got an avatar but need to payup first...........

erik

Maria is my middle name and I'm in Arizona. My current avatar is the crest for Ingelheim, the German city where I was born.

Well it is my last name. I hated it when I was a child. Always used to be teased "look there goes the savage, cage em up" to signs up at school "Beware Savage on the Loose"

Now I love my Last Name and My nick

My Name and My personality just stick. like fly's to ****!

What more can I say?

Mines simple, I enjoy Jeeps and Brewing beer. I was actually refered here by someone on Jeepforum.com after posting a homebrewer question.

KB9VZH - Has nothing to do with brewing. Unless you are a radio personality or have knowledge of radio, I don't expect you to know what KB9VZH is. It is my Amateru Radio call sign, given to me by the FCC. I have three hobbies, Brewing and Radio Communications and Tornado Spotting  (explains the love of drinking).

Current avatar is a portugese floor corker. Ever since Rdwj suggested it as a homebrew term that sounds dirty, it's made me laugh every time I see one.

Here's my last Avatar. 1 hundred billion bottles of homebrew to anyone who can tell me who this is.

BBOjay2colbw.gif

My wife says I'm a smart ass know it all & my name is Omar, hence omniscientomar. My avatar is just a little something I came up with for a logo, but it's pretty generic and I need to replace it....

rufus.jpg

This guy I almost ran over when he was about 3 months old on a small state highway amongst oil fields between San Angelo, Tx and El Paso. Could see his ribs/spine and am amazed that he wasn't food for something else. Think he was living on road-kill and lizards. He's not quite as ugly as the picture but close. He has a beetlejuice shrunken head for the size of his body (80#)

I decided that my technical brain wasn't balanced enough with the arts so I took up piano playing. I suck pretty badly but that didn't stop it from becoming a full blown obsession for awhile. Hence the name Fingers.

The avatar is my wife's creation. All is explained at her website www.murraythechicken.com

Murray has travelled the world.....

Cregar said:
Real name is Craig... I use to own a 1973 formula firebird with original Cragar rims when I was younger. Friends just started calling me Cragar, I decided to change the spelling to "Cregar".

73_Firebird_2.jpg

Nice.... I had a 68 back in 74. Man that sucker could fly.

Seeing as how I was the smallest in my group of friends, they named me Boo Boo and I have had it since high school.

Back