Explain your handle / De construct your avatar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now, my Name is Sherpa FE, as in the Shorts 360 Airplane that the Army flies its called a Sherpa, and I am the flight Engineer.

When I upgrade my membership, my avatar will be my family crest from Germany

Joe Satriani is one of my guitar idols and Ice 9 is the title of one the tracks on his "Surfing With The Alien" album.

I thought it sounded cool and it's different than my usual BB name.

Jesse is my name. And 17 comes from my wifes horse operation 17-ranch.com

The avatar is Hank Hill from King of the Hill (duh) I'm very conservative, SWMBO and I love the show, and she says Hank and I are the same person. For the most part she's right.

Once a month I host a LAN party (video games for those not in the know) where I invite a bunch of friends from church. We range in age from 15 to 48. With most video games these days, when you are killed by another player, it will flash on the screen that "You were killed by ____" and insert the name of the person who killed you. I have fun coming up with new in-game names to make that humorous. "You were killed by a_fuzzy_bunny", etc. This one started as a_rabid_gerbil, and later become rabidgerbil, and has just stuck. Since I am not paying member yet, I don't get to have an avatar :(

rabidgerbil said:
...Since I am not paying member yet, I don't get to have an avatar :(
No pressure here, as I waited until I had like 300 posts....

rabidgerbil said:
oh, sure, make me feel bad... I am at 363... 364... oh man...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

No pressure, tho, really, /... no,really, don't feel like you owe or anything:fro:

No, seriously, don't feel obligated:tank:

I'm being serious here. You are free to keep getting all this knowledge for nothing...:rockin:

(Is my subliminal advertising working yet?)

My handle is a combination. Silvia is a name I've used on MUDs for years and on the occasional bulletin board. Kitty is a real-life nickname. Either one tends to be already taken when I'm registering for new forums and such, so I throw 'em together.

My avatar at the moment is coffee-related (I homeroast, too). It's a label for the infamous Kopi Luwak: the weasel-cat poop coffee. Ever heard of it? ;) If not, here's the deal: Coffee beans grow as...well, berries. The civet cat loves these berries and eats 'em. The beans (which are the seeds inside the berries) aren't very digestible, so come out with the poop. The locals collect these pre-processed coffee beans, clean them very thoroughly (one hopes) and sells them for outrageous amounts of money.

Currently....

my avatar is a picture of myself from Christmas of 2007. I'm holding a bottle of Mead that I made for Christmas. I didn't have any beer, but the Apfelwein and Mead was a big hit.

My name .....Talleymonster. It came from my roomate when I used to travel a lot for work. He just called me Talleymonster one day and it kind of stuck.

and my caption.....Han Shot First.....It's a reference to Star Wars. Specifically, the 1997 Special Edition of Star Wars: A New Hope. In the original when Han was sitting in the booth with Greedo in the Mos Eisley Cantina, Han reached down underneath the table and drew his blaster and shot Greedo. In the 1997 Special Edition Greedo Shot first and Han shot back in self defense.

Read about it here

Jesse17 said:

My name .....Talleymonster. It came from my roomate when I used to travel a lot for work. He just called me Talleymonster one day and it kind of stuck.
My last name is Talley. It's what everybody calls me. One day a coworker saw me munching on a plate full of cookies and he called me the Talleymonster. My avatar is a photo of me and my 8 week old daughter, Violet.

Those are one and the same. Same guy, same incident.:D

Kevin Dean is my name.

Viva Libre means "Live Free". I'm very into the Free Software (or Software Libre, since some people are confused by the double-meaning of "Free") movement which considers it unethical to produce, support or use software that doesn't give you the right to edit, modify, learn from or redistribute it.

I'm also politically active, partly because of said technological issues but also because freedom in general is good.

My avatar comes from a set called "Felt Tip" (licensed under a libre license) and was done by Chromakode who is a really nice guy. :) I love this set and use it for a bunch of stuff.

The assistant chef at a restaurant is called the sous (pronounced soo, if you don't know) chef. I just took a play on words. I love cooking, but I'm actually a biochemist, not a chef.

Hopefully one day I can combine cooking, brewing, and biochemistry into one job :)

EDIT: Avatar is the logo in limbo (to be changed in the very near future) of Obfuscation Brewing Co.

Melana's my name... It is a unique enough name that it works for most things... and my current avatar is my kitten Loki. I should change it to his brother Lares.

talleymonster said:
My last name is Talley. It's what everybody calls me. One day a coworker saw me munching on a plate full of cookies and he called me the Talleymonster. My avatar is a photo of me and my 8 week old daughter, Violet.

Your daughter is a green bottle beer?
I think you are taking this home brew thing a little too seriously.

Well...this one is a toughie....I wear kilts, and I brew...put those together and you get kilted brewer. And the pic is just me and an Oktoberfest in VA in '06.

Reskins 83 88 92

Years that the skins won the super bowl.

I will have to make a new account though in about a month where my handle will be...

Redskins83889207

I choose LS_Grimmy because I am a leading seaman in the canadian navy and I like that episode of The Simpsons with homers work friend Grimmy

"Skinfiddler" in an archaic sometimes derogatory name for drummers. I play in a well known (in fife and drum circles) Civil War era fife and drum corps.

JW

Redskins838892 said:
Reskins 83 88 92

Years that the skins won the super bowl.

I will have to make a new account though in about a month where my handle will be...

Redskins83889207

Sorry about that...:drunk:

merc is short for merczephyr, a name I came up with on auto forums when I had a Mercury Zephyr 302/at yada yada. I no longer have the Zephyr, and have since just used merc when it's available. Other Mercurys I've owned:

1964 Mercury Comet Cyclone 289/4 spd
1979 Mercury Capri Ghia 5.0/at
1980 Mercury Capri RS 2.3/4 spd
1980 Mercury Capri (parts) 2.3/4 spd
1976 Mercury Comet 2 dr 302/at w/factory a/c
2002 Mercury Sable GS

John Draper was a dude that figured out that blowing the whistle that came as a prize inside a box of Cap'n Crunch cereal into a pay phone would unlock the trunk line and allow people to make free phone calls through pay phones.
The name is something ive had for 12 years now.

I shouldn't need to explain the AV. :)

Ironic, but I can't stand Cap'n Crunch cereal ;)

capcrnch said:
John Draper was a dude that figured out that blowing the whistle that came as a prize inside a box of Cap'n Crunch cereal into a pay phone would unlock the trunk line and allow people to make free phone calls through pay phones.
The name is something ive had for 12 years now.

I shouldn't need to explain the AV. :)

Ironic, but I can't stand Cap'n Crunch cereal ;)

it cuts the roof of your mouth too! (Family Guy ref there)

wait, what's my username...

oh yeah, BraeHaus - it's kind of dumb and i've debated whether or not to change it, a BrauHaus is German for Brewery, so I hacked up the word and added my last name to the title... Brae-Haus...

my current avie is a pub sign I created with Google SketchUp... nothing fancy.

i'm a huge Family Guy fan, so I might end up changing my avie to something Family guy-ish.

There's nothing special about mine. I live in Texas, and I'm a lawyer. Voila. And, that's me in the avatar, at Dixie Cup a few years back, enjoying a liter of Foghorn in the mug I just won in the raffle.

TL

GaryA not a tough one to figure out.

The avatar I found doing a search for avatars, it looked cool I needed an avatar we must have been made for each other.

Mine handle is the same handle I've been using since the 90s. I first used it on cannibalcorpse.net, and I basically just picked it because it was sort of gross and its a tradition on the cannibalcorpse forums to pick a gross screen name. "Mutilated" was taken already, so I stuck a 1 on the end of it "Mutilated1" - ( Mutilated One - the one who's mutilated )... It also comes from a really cool death metal album "Tomb of The Mutilated", which inspired the Cannibal Corpse fansite I run http://www.tombofthemutilated.net

My avatar comes from the flying dog ales website in their downloads sections where you can download buddy icons. I just liked it because it looks kind of like a monster.

Handle - last name is Sparkman, my old man was Sparky, so I got dubbed Lil' Sparky when I was a kid. It did get shortened to just Sparky with friends, my football team called me Sparky Dog, and SWMBO calls me... well that's just between us. The fact that I'm 6'1", 230 lbs has nothing to do with the Lil' part. I like the irony, though. ;)

Avatar - been a Lil' Cowboys fan as long as I've been Lil' Sparky. :rockin:

My creativity knows no bounds. I will try to explain my handle, hopefully you can wrap your minds around it...

James F. Leary IV (jfliv)

That sound..... is your mind being blown.

My avatar is a Freaking Steel Comma!!!!! Get it? Steel Comma Ale & Lagery? Get it?

BTW: Thanks to Yuri for making the steel comma. Beers are being sent out soon.

Back