Mojitos and margaritas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not much for cocktails beyond a simple Jack & Coke, but I got this fantastic mojito recipe from a native Spaniard who makes great sangria and prides himself on making cocktails using fresh ingredients:

Juice of 2 Limes
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 oz Simple Syrup
1.5 oz White Rum
2-3 Medium Sized Fresh Mint Leaves

Juice fruit into a cocktail shaker and bruise mint leaves in the juice. Don't pulverize the mint - the leaves should remain whole. Add a handful of ice, then pour in the simple syrup and rum. Shake and serve. If you must have fizz, top with a splash of club soda. I prefer to skip the soda.

To adapt the recipe to a rockin' margarita:

Juice of 2 Limes
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 oz Simple Syrup
1.5 oz Tequila
0.5 oz Triple Sec, Cointreau, or Gran Marnier

Shake all ingredients over ice and serve immediately in a salt rimmed glass.

For me grand marnier is a must for margaritas and and fresh ingrediants make everything better, not that bottled sweet and sour crap :mad:

For pina coladas, needs fresh pineapple and float some dark rum on top, makes them delicious

Im surprised that there isnt a cocktail thread yet, what others are peoples favorites? I personally rather enjoy a well made manhattan myself :mug:

Back