Suddenly all goes a stop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew-boy

Reaction score
So I made a nice brown with some of that oat malt and 2lb of honey this weekend. All went great hit all my numbers and a 83% efficiency as usual aerated the wort with O2 and pitched a decanted 1800ml starter using WLP060.
Next morning it was rocking pretty good but now 2 days later all sign of fermentation has stopped???:drunk:

I have no idea why this has happened, the temp is 68-69F all conditions should just be right for it. Anyone has anything similar happen to them?

I've had beers ferment out that fast. It may very well be done with a starter that big. Of course, it could be stuck, only your hydrometer knows for sure.

It may seemed like it stopped, but it is still working. Let the yeast do some cleaning up after themselves for a few days before racking.

It may seemed like it stopped, but it is still working. Let the yeast do some cleaning up after themselves for a few days before racking.

QFT
Just because you're not seeing airlock activity doesn't mean those little yeasty buggers aren't still doing their work.

Back