Great news for Richmond!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:mug: Yeeeaaahhh!!!!! This was great news but Richmond is getting so crowded with breweries. I hope Stone doesn't cause the smaller guys to shut down.

haven't tried many in RVA, but the guys in my brew club were cracking on Isley

out this way, I'm not a big fan of Bust Head

from the ones I have sampled, the good do seem to outnumber the bad here in the Commonwealth. I look forward to trying them all

haven't tried many in RVA, but the guys in my brew club were cracking on Isley

out this way, I'm not a big fan of Bust Head

from the ones I have sampled, the good do seem to outnumber the bad here in the Commonwealth. I look forward to trying them all

I've been to Isley once, I thought it was good. Much better than Legend and Strangeways. If you like Belgians and Sours, you'd like Strangeways. If you don't, there isn't much to pick from.
Midnight is fine. Haven't been able to bring myself to try any Lickinghole Creek. I've had a few COTU but haven't been the brewery. Hardywood is my favorite. Blue Bee Cider is good if you like that sort of thing.

Last edited:
I've been to Isley once, I thought it was good. Much better than Legend and Strangeways. If you like Belgians and Sours, you'd like Strangeways. If you don't, there isn't much to pick from.
Midnight is fine. Haven't been able to bring myself to try any Lickinghole Creek. I've had a few COTU but haven't been the brewery. Hardywood is my favorite. Blue Bee Cider is good if you like that sort of thing.

think I've had Legend. obviously it wasn't memorable, if I only THINK I've had it.

out of the others, Hardywood is the only other one I've had and definitely a favorite. think my first was Hoplar (YUM). we started getting some of their offerings up here, mostly on tap, but I've seen cans of Great Return at Total Wine

I try every Virginia brewery I can. I can normally find a good beer at any of them. Speaking of Lickinghole Creek, I really enjoy their Threechopt Tripel. I do have favorites, but most of all I am glad that we have such a good choice in craft beers in Virginia.

I'm a huge Strangeways fan, love my Belgians and sours though.. I've only been to Isley once and thought it was pretty good, definitely more so than I expected. I hear Ardent is good but the two times I made the attempt to go I stood around for 20 minutes and left the service was so horrible, granted they were busy, but not busy enough to justify the way they were running things. Legend is good, but boring. Lickinghole is AMAZING, can't say enough good things about them.

All that being said, I don't think Stone is going to take much away from any of the established RVA breweries, for better or worse... might make new start-ups a little trickier in the future though. I'm excited that I'll have Stone an hour away I can visit once a year for the novelty factor alone, I don't expect much to change in the way of Stone products we get.

Back