The simple things are good.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always up for trying new food combinations. Sometimes the things that sound like a really weird combination go nicely together.

If you like tuna, I'm quite found of tuna fish and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Make the tuna with mayonnaise and a little relish, put that on some buttered sour dough bread and add some shredded cheddar cheese, grill it up.... Fantastic!

Silly trivia from a pizza chain R&D manager: Tuna is the number one pizza topping in Europe.

In my 18 years at said chain I've put about everything on a pizza you can think of but I still think tuna pizza is weird. (Sorry Orfy, can't get over that.)

I thought this thread was going to go a different direction, as in getting people to chime in about other simple things that are good.

Like...

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Plain old non-diet, non-cherry-flavored, etc. Coca Cola (in a glass bottle)
Gut-splitting Laughter
"I love you", "Thank You", "Please"
Just "plain" sex - keeping it simple

I can think of a million more. I'm the kind of guy who enjoys the simple things in life. What would you add to the list?

The base if freshly preppered dough from a strong flour.
The sauce is a tomato and oregano reduction then mozzarella then the toppings.
Rare Tuna, German Black forest ham, red onion, then topped with grated cheddar and drizzle with olive oil and fresh cracked black pepper
I roll the base on cornmeal and dust it on the crust. It's then baked on a stone.

That thing tasted better than anything I've ever bought

My daughter is going to grandma's house tonight. the wife and i have an evening alone and i think some sushi grade tuna is in order. We have one place in lincoln that gets shipments daily of fresh fish. If they have not gotten it that day i have to go with the Nebraska Tuna, which of coures is filet mignon:rockin:

For eveyone making comments on how things are a bit different in the UK, well, look at any cooking show with a brit. the two fat ladies, jamie oliver, any of them and your suspicions will be confirmed. they just toss crap together:drunk:

orfy-

The food that would be concidered native to the UK is not as pretty to look at as say french cuisine. BUT, i think you did give us shephards pie (which looks like a bunch of crap tossed together) and for that i am eternally greatfull! Love a good shephards pie made with a tasty stout:rockin:

Latest posts

Back