New kegerator beer line to ball hose barb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkinnyPete

Reaction score
So, my first post and it's a stupid, stupid question, I realize. I just got a new kegerator and I don't want to go and screw things up here as I set it up. The instructions are horrendous.

I've attached a pic. The beer lines come with an attachment for a D-System coupler, I guess. I've got a ball coupler. Looks like the installed connection comes complete with a metal clamp which I don't think I can remove. Should I just be cutting this fitting off of the beer line and then hook up the ball coupler? Or am I just being really dumb here?

photo (2).jpg

The connector on your tubing is a flare, and the QD is a barb. Your options are to keep the QD's and cut off the flare connector on the tubing, or get QD's that have the male flares on them (preferred, IMHO)

That nut is not a ball connection flare. Way too fat. Cut it and go to HD to buy a small hose clamp to secure with.

What is on the other end of that line? That is a hex beer nut and if it is attached to a beer tower lop it off and install the barb black connect in the hose.

If this is a pass through kit it might be for your shank. Can you show or describe the other end please?

That nut is not a ball connection flare. Way too fat. Cut it and go to HD to buy a small hose clamp to secure with.

You're right! I read his post too fast and didn't notice he said it was D-system coupler for a sankey tap. :eek:

What is on the other end of that line? That is a hex beer nut and if it is attached to a beer tower lop it off and install the barb black connect in the hose.

If this is a pass through kit it might be for your shank. Can you show or describe the other end please?

Yeah, it's attached to a beer tower. My first instinct was to cut it off but I'm just being paranoid. I'll get rid of it and go directly to the barb.

Thanks.

Back