well my first all grain BIAB is going

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righlander

Reaction score
well my first all grain BIAB is going as a type this. i'm doing a 3g batch of bee cave brew haus pale ale. i'll update if anything goes terribly wrong lol

Congratulations on going to all grain BIAB. Please update us if everything goes right too. I'm thinking of going to all grain BIAB with a batch of oatmeal stout of about 3 gallons and would like all the info I can get.:)

Congratulations on going to all grain BIAB. Please update us if everything goes right too. I'm thinking of going to all grain BIAB with a batch of oatmeal stout of about 3 gallons and would like all the info I can get.:)

thanks! yeah everything went well pretty much. the mash was between 148-154 the whole time but it was a lot of work. and took a while but im so happy i did it. i was expecting to get bad efficiency so i was hoping for a SG of 1.055 and i got 1.062 so that was weird. i think i had a bit too much 2 row when i weighed it but thats ok. it was a great feeling to do it finally. ive been brewing for 10 years, i did can kits for a long time, then about 4 years ago started doing PM, and now i did an all-grain brew in a bag. im super stoked and i cant wait to do another BIAB! and i cant wait to taste it! :ban:

I just did my first BIAB a 5 gal batch of bee cave brew haus pale ale.
despite of spilling wort while transferring to my bk and loosing grip on my carboy while shaking it and spilling more I still ended up with 5 gal @1.062 OG

congrats on everything going right, righ. of course, you've been brewing long enough to make it happen sometimes :mug: i'm not that long brewing, so i celebrate everything going right

Back