Where to get ingrediants in Ontario Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSeibel

Reaction score
Hey,

I am having trouble finding suppliers in southern Ontario. I live in Kitchener and there is nothing around here. I can order online obviously however would like something local. Anyone on here know?

Dave

You don't have a local DIY store for Wine/HB? I live in BF hicks ville Northern ON and I have 3 mom and Pops wine making stores and 5 brew your own shops that let me buy extracts from. :D Super stores also have and isle that sells the easy coopers kits.

I live in Ottawa right down town and there are 4 places local.

My fav is the wine house right beside the mcdonalds on bank street right past south keys mall. It looks like a vintage house.

But as I said there are about 4 huge ones 20 min from eachother you can pick from.

I searched all over for online Canadian distributors, and nothing seems to match the overall selection of several USA distributors. I just like to point and click and have it show up on my doorstep.

From a few select hops, to improper stored hops, I like the broader USA selection. Sorry, but Canadian distributors just can't seem to get it right, if you want the whole spectrum of selections and quality. I don't want to shop at one store for hops, another for grains, another for yeast - a one stop shop, point and click.

Canadian distributors should not take this as a personal bash - just raise the bar, that's all.

The other place I go to is.

DeFalco's For Brewers & Winemakers

957 Gladstone Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario

With a quick 2 min google search I found a few places right near you.

Beer Me! — Kingston Brewing Company — Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Lyons Winery & Brewing Supplies
1187 Princess St.
Peachtree Plaza
Kingston, ON
Tel: (613) 549-8600

The
Wine Store

41 Dundas Street East (at John St.)
Downtown Napanee,Ontario
K7R 1H7
Tel:(613) 354-1992

I searched all over for online Canadian distributors, and nothing seems to match the overall selection of several USA distributors. I just like to point and click and have it show up on my doorstep.

From a few select hops, to improper stored hops, I like the broader USA selection. Sorry, but Canadian distributors just can't seem to get it right, if you want the whole spectrum of selections and quality. I don't want to shop at one store for hops, another for grains, another for yeast - a one stop shop, point and click.

Canadian distributors should not take this as a personal bash - just raise the bar, that's all.

None taken. For my supplies I usually order from over seas.. I find they have better stuff then anything in north america :p

Belgium supplies for the gold :D

** to be fair when summer is here and the farmers have fresh stuff at the market i grab a bag or 2 :)

I know of a place in Hamilton, and a pretty good one in Brampton. I know they arent that close to you, but the one in brampton has an online store.
If you're interested in either of these shoot me PM and ill hook u up.

Awsome guys....thanks for the great info yet again. I have been a member on many forums before....anything from fishing, fitness, hockey, computers, etc, etc...I must say this one takes the cake for having a great, tight knit, fast responding community. I only hope that soon I will be able to repay the site with actually giving advice instead of taking. Thanks again...I just placed an order with Canadian Homebrew Supplies.

Cheers !!

Dave

Back