Wyeast Ringwood (1187) Attenuation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbRedGetta

Reaction score
I'm currently fermenting Yooper's DFH 60 Minute clone with Ringwood and I'm getting a crazy attenuation. Does this sound correct or could I be doing something wrong?

Brewed on 8/18 -- OG was 1.061. Pitched from a starter at around 70 degrees and fermented in a water bath that held the temp in the mid-60s. On day 12 the gravity was 1.018. Checked it again on the day 14 and it was the same, so I took the fermenter out of the water bath and began dry-hopping.

I was planning on bottling last Friday (after dry-hopping for 8 days), but I noticed it was bubbling again so I checked the gravity and it was at 1.015. I knew the best thing to do would be to cover it back up and let the yeast do their thing.

Checked it again tonight, and now it's at 1.012, which gives me around 80% attenuation. Their website says to expect 68-72%. I know from reading on here the best thing is just to let it be, which is exactly what I'm doing, I was just wondering if anybody else has had similar experience with Ringwood.

I've always got 75-80% attenuation with Ringwood. Nothing to be worried about.

Do you guys use Ringwood a lot? If so, for what styles? I've been tempted to try it lately, but haven't yet.

Latest posts

Back