How much do you brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to bring back such an old thread...but I'm wondering what you do with all that beer. I can have two brews going at the same time and 2 kegs. I can't drink it fast enough to brew as much beer as you guys are saying you do.

I would love to brew twice a month or so but I'd have nowhere to put it. Do you only drink what you brew or what? I'm asking because I want to brew more, but aside from giving most of it away, I can't manage that much beer.

When I was brewing twice a month I had bottles of beer in every closet of the house, behind couch's, On top of the fridge, In the corner of a bedroom, and anywhere else I could fit it. I realized I was brewing way too much. That was 4 months ago, and I still have lots of different beers to drink. Now I only brew every 4-6 weeks...

Sorry to bring back such an old thread...but I'm wondering what you do with all that beer. I can have two brews going at the same time and 2 kegs. I can't drink it fast enough to brew as much beer as you guys are saying you do.

I would love to brew twice a month or so but I'd have nowhere to put it. Do you only drink what you brew or what? I'm asking because I want to brew more, but aside from giving most of it away, I can't manage that much beer.

Most people on here have the opposite problem. If you can't drink it that fast, don't brew it. Or if you really want to brew and can't drink it all, give it away. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would love to make friends and drink your beer.

BBL_Brewer said:
Most people on here have the opposite problem. If you can't drink it that fast, don't brew it. Or if you really want to brew and can't drink it all, give it away. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would love to make friends and drink your beer.

For a while there I had friends giving me every bottle they could find hoping that I would fill it up for them. Eventually I had to tell them I was up to my ears in bottles and couldn't take any more. I like brewing way more than I like drinking so I end up giving a lot of mine away so I can brew more.

I've not purchased beer (for at home) since I started brewing. I ONLY buy other beer when at a restaurant/pub. Since I started kegging, it's easier to have a beer. I do need to get some more empty kegs for batches that have been in process for a while. Especially since brewing three times this month. :rockin: Of course, one of those batches (this weekend's batch) will be 10-12 months (or more) in process. :D

IMO, brewing a variety of recipes really helps.

I myself only drink average of about 1 (12 ounce) beer a day. And while I share a fair amount with friends and family I still don't ever see myself brewing more than 50 or 60 gallons per year. So basically brewing once per month is fine with me.

I just bottled 58 bottles of weissbier tonight. Combine that with ~35 bottles of my RIS, the 5.5 gallons of holiday ale still sitting in primary and ingredients I just ordered on Friday for a 5.5 gallon batch of Belgian tripel and there's a good chance I won't be brewing again until sometime around March.

I've done 238 gallons so far this year. Hope to get in another 44 or so for the rest of the year.

I brewed 357 Gallons in my first year. Slowing down this year as I don't have room for many more bottles.

I have a bunch that need to age and I brew other that can be drunk quickly so I can be patient.
I made a lot of friends last year.

I think I brewed so much,I dont need to brew till next fall. Plus I have fully stocked variety of craft beer in my other fridge that keeps growing
Sitting good since its going to be the end of the world and all and/or 1/3 of us all will be expired as per Revelation.;)

granpooba19 said:

Drink more. Invite friends over to brew and they will drink your Brew. (But make them clean)
Also brew long term brews like imperial stouts and seasonal beers that are 6-9 months away. Then bottle the specialties.

I would really like to see the stats on who brews the most per day, at peak production. We've got a kickstarter party we're brewing for and would really like to see who's brewed more gallons per hour over a given time period than us. Could be some cool stats. Maybe gravity points per gallon per hour? Not sure how to quantify that.

I started brewing 13 months ago. Was doing 5 gal batches almost but not always every weekend. Did 130 gal in the first 8 months and then finally gathered the equipment to do 10 gal batches. Now i brew every other weekend. I ended my first full year of brewing with 210 gal. As far as what to do with it all? Drink it!!
I do give some away, maybe a 12 pack a month but i joyfully consume the vast majority of it and maybe have 4 cases in the pipeline. (Maybe)
Can't wait to step up to keggin' so i dont have to wash a hundred bottles on brew day

CaptnCully said:
I started brewing 13 months ago. Was doing 5 gal batches almost but not always every weekend. Did 130 gal in the first 8 months and then finally gathered the equipment to do 10 gal batches. Now i brew every other weekend. I ended my first full year of brewing with 210 gal. As far as what to do with it all? Drink it!!
I do give some away, maybe a 12 pack a month but i joyfully consume the vast majority of it and maybe have 4 cases in the pipeline. (Maybe)
Can't wait to step up to keggin' so i dont have to wash a hundred bottles on brew day

Yup nov 8 will be my 3rd month brewing. Iv done 10 5 gallon batches and 1 batch apfelwein. What do I do with it? Drink it! Also give them away. I also am annoyed with bottles, atho im now starting a new pipeline with no lables!

Would love to keg but im poor, imma start AG probably before summer next year. Prost all!

Back