When it rains it poors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snccoulter

Reaction score
So about 3 weeks ago i had my 4th surgery on my foot and I have been on crutches since. So I woke up this morning feeling like i was going to be sick and then headed to the bathroom and that is when i felt the pain radiate down my leg and up my back.. Went to the Doc and i have a referal to see a urloigist first thing in the morning because of a kidney stone. WTF i am so sick of this.:mad:

I can tell you it has not been much fun. I have been living on crutches/and hoping around the house. Now i cant even do that without hurting. The doc gave me Lortab and 7.5/500's and the bottle it says take 1 to 2 every 4 to 6 hours but as i was leaving he told me to be generious with the times because stones hurt and I would be better off sleeping as much as possiable. If there were not 3 kids and a wife in the house I would be druling on myself right now.

I had small stone once and it had me doubled over and nearly crying. I didn't know it at first and made my wife pull over so I could puke in case it was food poisoning. No better, but I remembered the description my friend gave me about his stones. Then I was nervous! I had her drive me to the emergency room but by the time we got to the hospital I was feeling ok. By the time we got home (15 minutes), I was doubled up in bed sweating.

Got xrays the next day and a bottle of vicodin, but I passed it right before I got the prescription. Still got plenty of pills! ;)

My friend had one kidney blasted and they forgot to tell him that his pee would look different. He was a bit upset when it came out looking like red orange juice (with pulp!)

Now he wishes he had the other one done too. He's starting to have problems on the other side and doesn't have insurance ATM.

I was told I could walk today. Well with a boot on and at home. I will take it i dont have to have my wife bring me food and drink.. Yes it is nice, but I do hate to rely on her for everything. I am also told i can drive as long as it is an automatic. FREEDOM at last.

Back