Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 20160918_133336.jpg
    20160918_133336.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 178
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1479000968.524846.jpg

This is eggplant. He was rescued from the city of Chicago and we adopted him and another kitten to be barn cats to help get rid of some mice problems. (Spoiled barn cats) he has lived in the barn for about a year he has always had a limp and it isn't getting any better and we found out he isn't 4 like they said he is more like 8. Well in the next week eggplant is moving inside to take control of the house and put the dogs in their place. And we are adopting 2 black kittens to take eggplants vacancy in the barn on mouse patrol.

Miss Sadie has some very large mats in her tail fur. Not sure how to go about getting them out. They are down in there and I'm afraid I may have to cut them out. I'm afraid anything I do will get me cut as well...

Miss Sadie has some very large mats in her tail fur. Not sure how to go about getting them out. They are down in there and I'm afraid I may have to cut them out. I'm afraid anything I do will get me cut as well...

There are combs with tines that rotate, made for combing out matted fur. If she'll tolerate you touching her tail, that's what I'd try first. My Missy has long fur and gets terribly matted and I have her shaved every summer (I posted a pic of that). Once it grows back I have to keep brushing her, which she loves.

Beware with scissors if you try that - kitties have very thin skin and are easy to cut. That can get infected. Every vet will tell you to never try that yourself.

My cat can get matted clumps sometimes. I just cut off the end part of it without going too close to the skin, and within a few days she's able to finish the job on her own. I generally find the clump on the floor after she's yanked it out.

We just clip the top off the Mats, rub some of the hand lotion into the mat that the crazy cat likes & the mats disappear in a few days!

I'm now getting "Expert" advise on everything beer related.

"You shouldn't have added blueberries to that Sour"

"Are you sure that keg dry hop was long enough"

We are enjoying the heck out of these sisters.

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1480282728.457316.jpg
Couch time for the fur balls. My two cats are balled up on top of the couch. You can barely see the black one. It's hard to take pictures of him but trust me they're pretty damn adorable. The dog(who loves the cats) is curled up in the middle there but I know this is the wrong thread for that guy.

No matter how bad my week was, coming home to this tonight made my day.
Well heck. Give me a moment to see if I can load this video from my phone.

We were eating Thanksgiving dinner at the time I took those pics. We have a split-level house and that's a perch about 9 feet above our dining room. My cousin looked up, saw the cat on the railing, and gasped. She thought the cat was in a precarious spot, but I've seen him sit up there many times. Never slipped. He'll sit up there and just watch us, as if to say, "turn your backs on that food for just a second..."

20 lbs bone in chicken leg quarters, 6 lb Blue Ridge beef kitten mix, 5 lbs beef heart, 1 lb chicken livers, 18 whole eggs and vitamin supplements and one nice meat grinder.
We have cat food. The breeder feeds raw so we decided to keep them on it. One nice benifit is they walk by the kibble in our American short hairs bowl and just try to cover it up and the haired cats won't touch raw.

IMG_3496.jpg

Raising my glass tonight in memory of Phoenix. Sorry for your loss Hang Glider.

We love them while they're here and cry like babies when we lose them.

thanks MUCH, Temptd2, Inkleg -

yep, cried like a baby that day, for sure!
I'll get a new cat/kitten one day, but I can't bring myself to do that just yet. Maybe in the new year...

You'll know when you're ready. When I lost my dear Lucky (at age 22!) I said no more pets for at least 6 months.

Two weeks later I was at the SPCA adopting the two we have now! The house was too quiet, even though Lucky was deaf and nearly blind and didn't make much noise, I talked to her ALL the time.

A new cat(s) is never a replacement for the one that has gone on - it's just a good way to patch the hole left in your heart when you lose one! I think it honors the cat you've lost too, to give one that needs a home a new lease on life. Only when you're ready though, or when one finds YOU! :)

thanks MUCH, Temptd2, Inkleg -

yep, cried like a baby that day, for sure!
I'll get a new cat/kitten one day, but I can't bring myself to do that just yet. Maybe in the new year...

When my current one dies (who I love dearly so itll be a while with luck), ill try and adopt siblings. I think mines bored.

When my current one dies (who I love dearly so itll be a while with luck), ill try and adopt siblings. I think mines bored.

Just make sure you don't get two sisters from the same litter. For some reason, they rarely get along. Two brothers, or a brother and a sister, are fine. But two sisters is asking for conflict, in my experience and understanding.

Back