Hello from Portland, OR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smashbeat

Reaction score
Hi all. I always wanted to homebrew. I finally got a book, subscribed to the forum and I'm ready to go!
If there is anyone in the PDX area that can give me some advices about where to buy all I need, that would be great.

Welcome, I am new here and to brewing as well. So far this is a great place for info. I was referred to Bader Beer and Wine in Vancouver and have not been disappointed with them(they honor the Oregon "no tax").
I am also cheap so I have made my mash tun, hot liquor tun, and chiller!
Seems like Steinbarts is THE place for Portland though!
Good luck!

Welcome...We're lucky enough to have several LHBS (Local Home Brew Shops) in the area. Steinbarts on SE 12th is probably the most widely known and has the biggest selection. There's also Let's Brew off of 82nd. Steinbarts does classes often and is the home of the Oregon Brew Crew.

Thanks Kevin and Brian. I will check them out tomorrow.
I relocated in the US a couple of years ago and I was lucky to end up in Portland.
I'm from Italy and I used to make wine, but I'm mostly a beer guy. Here in the NW the selection of good beers is huge and the homebrewing community is amazing.
After just drinking beer it is now time to learn how is made.
I'm gonna make some room in the basement and buy a starter kit. I' will go really simple for the first batch, as most suggested.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back