Free stainless plumbing and welding?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
The NEW neighbor

There is a new family building across the street from our home, and my wife and I have gotten to know them pretty well over the past weeks as they come out to look at the construstion of thier home... It comes up in conversation that I am a brewer and the husband is really interested in seeing my setup... so he looks it over and looks at the Sankeys in my garage and sayes... "you know I can weld up anything stainless that you want, I also have an unlimited supply of stainless plumbing in case you want to set up a really nice brewing rig... let me know, I can get the stuff and weld it for you for free, that is what I do"

Thier home will be complete in August and I will have my (3) keggles all converted and polished by then... this could get really interesting! THANK YOU GOD!

Pol

While that is an awesome coincidence, I wouldn't celebrate just yet.

Just because he "can" wled stainless. Doesn't mean he should be. Sometimes services are free because they aren't worth being charged for. I have seen some people spending more time trying to clean up bad welds than they'd have spent if they'd gone weldless.

I do hope it works for you tho'.

Having access to free plumbing does suggest that he works with the stuff for a living (assuming). It does sound like a nice situation but I have to wonder how quick that welcome runs out when he hears how much frickin work you're gonna lay on him.

I think it's time to share a few sixers with your new friend. It would be worth your time to keep him on retainer. :D

You hug that man......you let him know how much you care and that you will never let him go. oh and give him some brew.

hows life in indi?

I am sure his welds will be suitable, that is his occupation... and he is building a nice home, so he must be somewhat successful.

I am currenlty brewing 5 gallons per week... this guy can have all the beer he wants. All the rest of the neighbors come over and draw drafts on a daily basis, why not him?

You hug that man......you let him know how much you care and that you will never let him go. oh and give him some brew.

hows life in indi?

Life in IND is good... we layed about 11,000 square feet of sod the past couple weeks, so I am no longer living in the mud pit. Looking for more UAL flying though to keep the grains and hops coming!

Back