How many batches have you brewed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many batches have you brewed?

• 0-5

• 6-20

• 21-50

• 51-100

• 101-200

• 201-1,000,000

Results are only viewable after voting.
I brewed #70 and #71 last week. I started in July 2006.

yes, I brew a lot. Not the "biermuncher" kind of a lot, but, a lot.

I lost track but based on my recipe book I have 15, but I think I did 4-5 before I started writing my recipe. I started writing them down after I had a batch that was so good but I couldnt remember all the ingredients.

Since I started in 2006 I have brewed 15 batches if my numbers are right. And if I count the Mr. Beer batch that started it all. One was a complete failure (never made it to bottles), and I've had 3 bottled batches that weren't very drinkable.

I've brewed more often this year since starting AG. The 8-8-8 was my last extract in January, and I've made 4 AG batches since March.

While I am far from an experienced brewer, I finally feel confident enough to lend some advice, and I had nothing but success since going AG.

I can't brew as often as I'd like because I'm the one that drinks 95% of my product. I just brewed #26. I'd say about half of them have been 10 gallons. Since I started two years ago this August, it means I average about 1 batch per month.

I can't brew as often as I'd like because I'm the one that drinks 95% of my product. I just brewed #26. I'd say about half of them have been 10 gallons.

That has been one of my biggest holdbacks as well, I don't know enough people locally yet to give away beer. One of the main reasons I'm considering some 2.5 gallon bottled batches of the higher OG stuff, because draining a keg of barleywine would take me forever.

Not sure - been brewing for 8 years - probably average about 8-10 batches a year. Latley been brewing more.

Probably somewhere around 60 batches I would guess.

Last Saturday would have been #30 if I hadn't had an equipment failure. The real #30 is next weekend.

Well, I started brewing in 1996. I'll be conservative and say 70-80 some batches. It's amazing how much homebrewing has changed for the better in terms of supplies and availability.

Hm. It actually took me a while to figure it out.

I started in 1998. I averaged a batch every month for two years, when I talked my way into a microbrewery gig. Brewed the odd 5-gallon batch during that phase of my life, probably a dozen from 2000 to 2006 (and a batch every other day at work during that time). Didn't brew a drop until about a year ago, since when I've been chipping away at the total. So yeah, I ticked the bottom button. ;)

Not that my total makes me an expert or anything. Hell, I didn't start consistently brewing all-grain at home until after I left the profession of brewing. (It takes the about the same amount of time to brew five gallons as fifteen barrels; I wasn't about to brew Monday through Friday, then kill my Saturday brewing, too!) I flatter myself that I have some practical experience. I'll share it with anyone who needs it.

Doesn't mean anyone has to listen, though! :fro: Frankly, since I found HBT I remain stunned at the level of expertise shown by people who never had their paycheck be dependent on whether or not they've made good beer. Before I went pro, I never heard a homebrewer use terms like "cohumulone" and "Maillard reactions"; I see it all the time now. I mean, wow! There are people on this board who consistently amaze me, make me proud to call myself a homebrewer. I bow to you, 'cos you got me beat.

Anyhow, that's my story. Thanks for listening.

Cheers,

Bob

I have brewed around 30 batches in the last 2 years. About half of them have been 10 gallons.

I don't have any reservations about my low batch count. What worries me is my post count to brew count ratio and the fact that I'm clearly talking out of my a$$ almost 100% of the time.

I don't have any reservations about my low batch count. What worries me is my post count to brew count ratio and the fact that I'm clearly talking out of my a$$ almost 100% of the time.

It's about quality, not quantity, Bobby. Hey, for all I know, that crackhead on YouTube might've brewed more than I have, doesn't mean he knows more about how to make good beer.

I'm somewhere between 201 - 1,000,000 :D

But, I have been brewing since 1991. I lost count a while go.

If my brewing partner hadn't lost a spacial conflict with a utility pole, I'd be over 1000. He drank 80-90% of what we brewed.

I don't really know. I brew pretty often. Sometimes once a week, sometimes every two weeks. I make wine also, but usually only start them spring through fall. I had to guess- over 201 is my guess. Some were initially extracts (maybe the first year or so?) and I sure brewed them often since they don't take much time. I wrote down my recipes, but not my batches, so I just have to give you my best guess.

+1 (I'm talking about me).

That's the beauty of the internet - everyone thinks they're an expert on every subject (especially climate change, but that's another discussion). Thankfully the ratio of *****ebags to brewing experts seems to be very low on these forums, and from my limited expertise, I'd place you firmly in the non-********* category :)

I don't know how some of you find the time. It looks like your brewing every weekend. I'm lucky if I can brew once a month on average.

Looks like overall we a have a fairly even distrubution of experience from noob to expert.

I'm lucky if I can brew once a month on average.

Same here. That's why I moved up to 10 gallon batches.

Started brewing in January of 2003, 71 batches so far. Did 10 extract before moving to all-grain. I think I broke the 200 gallon a year "limit" once. 535 gallons of beer and counting...:drunk:

Yea Don't know how you all find the time. I don't really do much but still have only brewed 7 batches (one of those apfelwein) since Feb this year when I started. Brewing Number 8 This sunday. 2 ectracts, 1 PM and going to 3rd AG this weekend. Jamils hazelnut Porter.

Thats interesting. After about 50-100 brews a) people either lose interest in the hobby, b) realize that if they haven't made a good batch by now they should just give up, c) everyone lies on online poles so it doesn't mean anything, or d) after that many beers they might as well have brewed 200

Lost track. Sadly, my recipes were all lost by some numb nuts (uh, me - all on paper, in a zip lock bag)) but even that would not have been a reliable estimator because if I duplicated a recipe I would not usually record it. I figure it's more than fifty but there is no way I've done a hundred.

22 (23 will be this weekend) since the last weekend of January this year when I first started, 1 cider kit, 2 apfelweins, and 1 mead. :rockin:

:tank:

I've been brewing since last March and gotten a good amount of brews under my belt, something like 125, somewhere along those lines. I've brewed every weekend and twice every other weekend for a long time and throughout the week sometimes too. I've done about 15 ten gallon batches and i think i only did two extract until i went to all grain. What can i say i'm addicted. I love this stuff

Back