Anvil fermenter at half price

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizwold1

Grizwold Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anvil has a sale on now--5 gallon fermenter is half off at $49.00. Anyone have experience using these? I currently ferment in a Corney with a floating diptube and like it in general for c. 4 1/2 -5(ish) gallon batches but at about 50 bucks the anvil might be a bit easier to clean. Thoughts? Thanks!

If it is smaller than a standard corny, that would be a problem. I can deal with it if it's the same.
Not sure it's worth the time/effort to switch tho, I guess

No--didn't notice that. oh well...
Decision made! I feel like that fermenter might be harder to clean. The opening does not look much bigger than a keg, and with a stainless steel keg you can reach down in there with a stiff brush, where a PET fermenter would need something soft.

Decision made! I feel like that fermenter might be harder to clean. The opening does not look much bigger than a keg, and with a stainless steel keg you can reach down in there with a stiff brush, where a PET fermenter would need something soft.
Makes you wonder what geniuses are designing some of this equipment. Cleaning is one of the most important things in homebrewing and ease of cleaning is taken into consideration when buying equipment.

Back