Show Me Your Wood Brew Sculpture/Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like many have said before, I have scoured over these pictures since I started brewing a few years back and was always in awe. I finally pulled the trigger on an all electric setup. No, I didn't build the panel and stuff myself because, frankly I didn't want to and I am nowhere near as technically savvy enough to do it. So there, I bought one.

But I just finished up my stand last night...well, finished for now. Just need to put the casters on and, eventually, sand it, stain it and seal it.

She is like a good wife...she may not be perfect, but she's perfect for me! Cheers!

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

Like many have said before, I have scoured over these pictures since I started brewing a few years back and was always in awe. I finally pulled the trigger on an all electric setup. No, I didn't build the panel and stuff myself because, frankly I didn't want to and I am nowhere near as technically savvy enough to do it. So there, I bought one.

But I just finished up my stand last night...well, finished for now. Just need to put the casters on and, eventually, sand it, stain it and seal it.

She is like a good wife...she may not be perfect, but she's perfect for me! Cheers!

Hop Junkie

I am looking to buy the EBC III as well
I would love to hear your experience with it....Good/Bad and the ugly !

Alas, I have not built my system yet, still in the cold garage with propane !

Steve

Hop Junkie

I am looking to buy the EBC III as well
I would love to hear your experience with it....Good/Bad and the ugly !

Alas, I have not built my system yet, still in the cold garage with propane !

Steve

Hey Steve, I sent you a PM on the EBC III. So far, so good!

First post. First build. First all grain. In fact it will be my first brew ever. Thanks everyone for all the ideas.

The frame is made of 2x8 treated lumber. The uprights are 2x6 treated. The bottom floor is Osb. And the top boards are decking planks. 7 feet long by 30 inches deep.

Single pump setup for now. Storage for 3 unused kegs under BK. The conical fermenter will be attatched to the cart as well. My favorite feature is the littke storage compartment. Im no carpenter by any means but happy with the results if not a tad BIG/Heavy. I took the pictures while I was working so pardon the messy garage.

View attachment 1432605035314.jpg

View attachment 1432605063552.jpg

Here's mine. Started as a 3 tier all gravity stand with two drink coolers as HLT and MLT. I did post it awhile back in this thread but have done a ton of updates, including the change to Natural Gas, the addition of a pump and plate chiller. Also added a RIMs tube, control panel and a water filter. Those are 25g pots for the boil and MLT and a 15 for HLT. I can do 15-18g batches and am happy with the brew day flow and performance. I am sure the guys with a welder and the skills to use it would disagree, but the flexibility of a woodie is so damn nice. Lowering that 3rd tier to accommodate my old Turkey fryer took about 10 mins with a sawzall. Still plan at some point to completely eliminate that 3rd tier and go electric with my HLT including an update to a bigger pot, but for now am happy!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432834657.744740.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432834921.363748.jpg

Finished a mini brew stand today. I'll use it do make soda, decoction mash, and bochet.

The first picture is with the top off, second with the top on.

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

Just put the finishing touches on my rig tonight. Added some more heat shielding to my burner bays and hooked up my gas lines. Doing my first brew with it this weekend. Hope it doesn't turn into a Bon fire.....

Looks great! Do you ever have issues priming your pump? Typically the out port should be at the highest point of the pumphead. It looks like yours is at the lowest, which will trap air, making priming difficult. If you have no issues, then nevermind, but if you do have some issues, you may want to reattach the pumphead 180deg from what's shown in the pictures.

Here's a post from March Pumps depicting the air pockets. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=11157.0

Looks great! Do you ever have issues priming your pump? Typically the out port should be at the highest point of the pumphead. It looks like yours is at the lowest, which will trap air, making priming difficult. If you have no issues, then nevermind, but if you do have some issues, you may want to reattach the pumphead 180deg from what's shown in the pictures.

Here's a post from March Pumps depicting the air pockets. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=11157.0

Yeah man! i totally had issues! thanks so much for the link. i will be flipping my pump head tomorrow before i do my pumpkin ale! thanks! Cheers:mug:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here.. the forums have been a great help to me since I've entered the world of brewing back at the end of July, especially this thread. Here is my completed setup! I have a double batch planned for tomorrow that will be my 3rd & 4th brew on this system so far!

IMG_1952.jpg

Many thanks to all contributing here before me. Took me longer than I wanted but I read everyone of your threads and finally finished my own Brew Rig. First All-Grain batch on it today.
:mug:

After years of brewing I finally finished and used my brew tower for the first time today. All the parts are pieces I have been using and adding to since I started, the last was the HTL with sight glass, thermometer and valve. The Foot print is a little over 3 ft sq. It has about 4 coats of a stain/poly mix.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eezei8gbfeoco8c/AACl5IzCLoYSO0iMdEtNQAZga?dl=0

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here.. the forums have been a great help to me since I've entered the world of brewing back at the end of July, especially this thread. Here is my completed setup! I have a double batch planned for tomorrow that will be my 3rd & 4th brew on this system so far!

Looking to build something very similar to this. What is the overall length and the the height of the tallest tier?

Here she is in action. I am such a geek I even built a little website to document the process. If this helps encourage anyone I have succeeded :mug:

complete system 5.jpg

complete system 2.jpg

Brew Stand drawing draft.jpg

Got some work done on it this weekend. Installed tubular steel for the burners to sit on. Ripped the steel off from my dads old dump truck. Added 2x4's for the bottom shelf. Mounted the switch for the pump and trimmed out the top.

20151101_155602.jpg

IMAG1522_1.jpg

Finally got this put together the way that I want. Those who know me well know that I'm not at all handy, lol. This is for a cleaning cycle from the boil kettle through to a conical fermenter (not shown) and into the hot water tun. Re-direct a couple of hoses and you can cycle back the other way. The red hoses on the left are for pumping RO water from a container up to the hot water tun. There are two kettles for decoctions and step mashes, and a sparge tun to the left of the table (not shown). Mash is ladled to the sparge tun. Water is pumped from the hot lauter tun to the sparge tun, and wort is pumped from the sparge tun the boil kettle, etc.

12743696_898293640267788_8930412274389578004_n.jpg

Here she is in action. I am such a geek I even built a little website to document the process. If this helps encourage anyone I have succeeded :mug:

Great looking rig, do have the website so i can look. I'm looking to make something like this. Thanks

I actually wrapped my boil kettles with wooden staves. No problem with heat. Smells nice when brewing but a ***** to keep clean without a hose...

If you are looking for a good idea for cleanliness and some kind of barrier, frp (reataurant paneling) works great.

Anyone with an electric system and wood brew stand?

Are you insulating the pot from the wood? Due to the heat?

With electric, the kettle only gets to boiling temps. My stand is unfinished wood and is not affected by the heat of electric brewing. Some choose to put their e kettles on cork mats or something similar for cosmetic reasons, to not to mar a treated surface.

Back