Boy, this sounds like a GREAT idea...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about we limit the oil company profits? But if we did that then how would the oil companies pay the politicians? Never mind, that plan would never work. :rolleyes:

I say, we tack on $.18 per gallon of gas sold directly to the national deficit. Oh wait, that is what this is basically doing. I love how the last time this idea was tried, was by Bob Dole, when he was running against Bill Clinton. :D At least get some new tactics, come on. Sad thing is I bet it gets him votes...

It's just pandering. Unoriginal. Doesn't solve anything. Barely an effect (do you really feel better about your financial circumstances when gas is $3.04 versus $3.20?)

It's odd, too, from a different perspective... this is very much a populist-kind of proposal, it's not the kind of tax cuts that a real supply-sider would really be pushing. It's an odd proposal out of a Republican...

the_bird said:
It's just pandering. Unoriginal. Doesn't solve anything. Barely an effect (do you really feel better about your financial circumstances when gas is $3.04 versus $3.20?)

It's odd, too, from a different perspective... this is very much a populist-kind of proposal, it's not the kind of tax cuts that a real supply-sider would really be pushing. It's an odd proposal out of a Republican...

McCain is not a Republican... I don't care what he says. :mad:

Latest posts

Back