It was like making love again for the first time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popscube

Reaction score
I cracked open my first batch of IPA. It had the right sound, the right texture, the right mouth feel and the right taste. Wow. I was breathless. Thank you for all your help. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions, as soon as I get my second batch started.

popscube
:ban:

Cheers! :mug:

I remember my first batch with fond memories. Looking back it wasn't nearly as good as I make now, but compared to everything else it was liquid gold! Your next difficult task is not drinking it all before your second batch is ready. :D

I hope to be feeling the same feelings in a few weeks.. Just bottled my first batch (english brown ale) this morning and so far its looking pretty good.

popscube said:
It was like making love again for the first time
I would humbly suggest, that if you find drinking beer to be ANYTHING like making love, you are doing one or the other incorrectly!! :D

Actually, I know exactly how you feel. It's a very satisfying thing, cracking open a bottle of homebrew and carefully pouring. I can remember my first time, the pleasing pop as I opened it, and the tiny wisp of vapor that was under the cap. I'm looking forward to experiencing it again, in about three weeks. (Bottling tomorrow!)

We too had our very home brewed beer last night... mmmmmmmmmmmmm good. Then we had a sample from batch # 2. Both our IPA and BlackWeiss were yummy!

It's a wonderful feeling...

Now that I think about it, my first homebrew and sex were similar. They were both so bad, it's amazing I ever tried a second time!

They got better.

Back