Plenty of time with a bad back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proofman

Reaction score
A laptop, inkscape, and two weeks in bed recovering from my blown out back gave me plenty of time to experiment with inskape.

BukkasRed.png

weeheavy.png

shepherdStout.png

Saison4.png

All are nice...

However, I'm a big fan of consistency. Your line of labels reminds me of Weyerbacher's own inconsistent consistency - which I suppose isn't a horrible thing, just not my style.

First issue of consistency I would recommend is in regards to the logo font. This is definitely something that should stay the same from label to label. It's your identity and for this I like the first label (you don't need any one image as a logo, a font can serve this purpose just fine and the paw prints can go along with it as part of the logo actually).

Now, from there I might try to incorporate elements from the 3 additional labels into the first label's format and style. Perhaps the only thing that changes is the font for the actual beer name of which you can place under the square in place of "Bukka's Red".

Each label could utilize a slightly different color palette as well but perhaps you want to be consistent with one color, like the orange, as your logo's color.

For each, I can see the boars head, farmhouse or flower, and shepherd's staff or sheep fitting into that square (in the style of Bukka's face).

And you have that portion on the left of the label for quotes for each if desired. I might knock it down a point size (on both sides) so it isn't so close to the edge and middle square as well as tightening up the space between lines.

Just some suggestions to help develop an overall cohesive branding of your labels. Of course, nothing is actually wrong, these are your labels and you can do as you please. Nice work! : )

Love them...I still can't fathom how you all are using inkscape this well...I can't figure it out this good.

All are nice...

However, I'm a big fan of consistency. Your line of labels reminds me of Weyerbacher's own inconsistent consistency - which I suppose isn't a horrible thing, just not my style.

First issue of consistency I would recommend is in regards to the logo font. This is definitely something that should stay the same from label to label. It's your identity and for this I like the first label (you don't need any one image as a logo, a font can serve this purpose just fine and the paw prints can go along with it as part of the logo actually).

Now, from there I might try to incorporate elements from the 3 additional labels into the first label's format and style. Perhaps the only thing that changes is the font for the actual beer name of which you can place under the square in place of "Bukka's Red".

Each label could utilize a slightly different color palette as well but perhaps you want to be consistent with one color, like the orange, as your logo's color.

For each, I can see the boars head, farmhouse or flower, and shepherd's staff or sheep fitting into that square (in the style of Bukka's face).

And you have that portion on the left of the label for quotes for each if desired. I might knock it down a point size (on both sides) so it isn't so close to the edge and middle square as well as tightening up the space between lines.

Just some suggestions to help develop an overall cohesive branding of your labels. Of course, nothing is actually wrong, these are your labels and you can do as you please. Nice work! : )

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. Most of my originals were had the same font for the brewery name. I tried to keep the overall template the same (Rectangular, border color darker, location of brewery name), with the exception of Bukka's. The cartoon nature of the picture called for something different. I'll probably go back and be more consistent with the Brewery font.

I was planning on doing all My big beers like the wee heavy.

Here are some that are just brewery name or logo.

breweryname4.png

breweryname1.png

brewerylogo10png.png

brewerylogo5png.png

brewerylogo8.png

brewerylogo2.png

illin8, I had a lot of spare-time waiting for my back to heal. I stayed in bed and spent hours playing with Inkscape. It kept me from pullign my hair out. Also, Some of these were made while I was seriously f^$#%ed up on pain pills. Also, I was abble to steal most of these images as bitmap and used the "trace bitmap" tool to modify the images.

I'm really liking the logo quoted above. You could definitely get a nice finished and polished looking logo out of that with just a bit more tweakage and cleanup. It already a perfect shape for a label or maybe on the neck of a bottle

I also like the first one - nice and simply, it may be easily worked into the other label designs you came up with due to it's shape.

Can't wait to see more - I really need to try this inkscape out (I have all of the adobe suite, but I'm always interested in other software).

FWIW, I like the last one too.

Maybe move the "Downtown" lettering down, so the feet aren't visible below.

Maybe move the "life's better" line into the rectangle?

Anyways, yah lookin good.

Back