What to do with my cider after fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winenewb172

Reaction score
Just made my first batch of cider and I'm wondering if it will blow up my bottles. It is very dry and about 18% also I was wondering about the process of back sweetening

How do you know its done fermenting ...what would you like to know about back sweetening ....18% wow that's going to take time to mellow

jackfrost said:
How do you know its done fermenting ...what would you like to know about back sweetening ....18% wow that's going to take time to mellow

There was no movement in the cider itself and no pressure in the air lock. For now I just siphoned it into a clean Carboy and put a new air lock on it. I'd like to sweeten it up a bit and possibly try to flavor some of it I'm just not sure of the process. can I heat it to kill the yeast then sweeten or perhaps freeze it then sweeten it? Can I add flavors after fermentation?

I didn't take a gravity reading when I started but I used a alcohol meter and came up with 18%

Latest posts

Back