Mini Heart attack?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvervan83

Reaction score
Ever feel like your heart is stopping for a minute to push through a piece of bacon or a chunk of that big mac you had yesterday.

It happens to me. freaks me out too. :eek:

Does it kind of hurt for a second and you have to take a few deep breaths to clear it? That use to happen to me every so often but I havent had it in some time.

I get that now and then. I talked to my doctor about it and he said it was normal and happens more often than you notice. Did an EKG just to make sure, but didn't see anything wrong.

Use to happen a lot for me, so I went to the doc. Turns out I have a sensitivity to caffeine and my daily coffee was causing it.

Ever feel like your heart is stopping for a minute to push through a piece of bacon or a chunk of that big mac you had yesterday.

It happens to me. freaks me out too. :eek:

Try taking smaller bites & chewing more thoroughly before swallowing; and wash it down with beer. Regards, GF. :mug:

I got what the doctor called PVC (Pre-Ventricular Contractions) Caffeine is the largest problem with it, so I'm basically off any caffeine and it's not noticeable. Also, anxiety attacks cause a sensitivity for me and makes me feel them very strongly. Not fun. My doc said that most people don't feel them but they can happen quite often in some people. We did stress test and EKG and whatnot. I guess it's not a problem because they never said anything and it's been years. I feel pretty good unless I drink a Mountain Dew or have a panic attack. Also lack of sleep doesn't help.

Combine lack of sleep with caffeine to combat feeling tired and it's trouble.

I never noticed it when eating though.

I got what the doctor called PVC (Pre-Ventricular Contractions) Caffeine is the largest problem with it, so I'm basically off any caffeine and it's not noticeable. Also, anxiety attacks cause a sensitivity for me and makes me feel them very strongly. Not fun. My doc said that most people don't feel them but they can happen quite often in some people. We did stress test and EKG and whatnot. I guess it's not a problem because they never said anything and it's been years. I feel pretty good unless I drink a Mountain Dew or have a panic attack. Also lack of sleep doesn't help.

Combine lack of sleep with caffeine to combat feeling tired and it's trouble.

I never noticed it when eating though.

My wife has 3,000+ per day. Although it is not life threatening the doctors are considering a pacemaker due to quality of life issues

My wife has 3,000+ per day. Although it is not life threatening the doctors are considering a pacemaker due to quality of life issues

I've read up on it and agree that the biggest reason I get them is due to stimulus like caffeine and stress and whatnot. For some others, there could be a different cause that ought to be looked into.

Has she tried reducing any of the common factors? I know that when I'm stressed and get them, the feeling is like my heart if flipping around in my chest and there is a lag time between beat (because the first part of the beat is happening at the end of the previous beat, not when you expect it). It's not a good feeling. I don't normally feel them except when I get anxiety attacks and my nerves are raw. Yeah, I'll probably die of heart attack when I'm young.

Yep, I have the exact same thing and with a few EKGs they found an Arrhythmia. The type I have is fairly easily controlled via beta-blockers and is aggravated by stimulants. I really suggest you see a doc. And I hate going to see the doc so I don't suggest lightly...

I had a bit of a scare, (rapid pulse, very high blood pressure and feeling a bit faint) a couple weeks ago and they slapped on a 24-hour monitor. Plus, I kept a log of anything weird happening. Had multiple events as you described them and was told that it they were normal. $400 down the tubes. I'd almost rather find out I had a problem.

Back