Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darwin18 said:
Ehh...talk to me about sucking the next time the Dolphins are in the playoffs. Neither of us has much to be proud of when it comes to the performance of either team the last few years.

You seem like a solid guy Darwin. You didn't hide when the inevitable happened and you were right back on this thread (unlike certain Packer fans). Why put yourself through this annual headache then? Why torture yourself? The Jets are going to be terrible for a long, long time. Just make the jump already.

Yeah, maybe you're buddies will give you crap but you'll get to simply point to "TMDTOTM" and then tell em to screw. Just tell them you'll keep "TMDTOTM" and they can keep Geno Smith. End of discussion... You win.

You seem like a solid guy Darwin. You didn't hide when the inevitable happened and you were right back on this thread (unlike certain Packer fans). Why put yourself through this annual headache then? Why torture yourself? The Jets are going to be terrible for a long, long time. Just make the jump already.

Yeah, maybe you're buddies will give you crap but you'll get to simply point to "TMDTOTM" and then tell em to screw. Just tell them you'll keep "TMDTOTM" and they can keep Geno Smith. End of discussion... You win.

My family did that when they moved to Massachusetts a few years ago. All pre-text of rooting for the Giants disappeared and now they're all Pats fans. Something in the water I'm sure. My mom is even actively rooting for the Sox now...traitor.

I stopped wearing any Jets t-shirts or gear outside the house once Tebow was on the team. In the South, Tebow is beloved. One can only stomach having people come up to you in the grocery store, see a Jet's t-shirt, and listen to them blather on about how great a person he is, and tell you to have a blessed day. How am I going to have a blessed day with that fullback pretending to be a QB and giving ESPN soundbite after soundbite? Thankfully, he is gone, although truthfully they should have given him one or two games to see if he was worth the hype.

Still....they're not epically terrible. These aren't the Browns we are talking about. Most years they are generally competitive and have had some success with back-to-back AFC title game appearances a few years ago. There is no talent on the offense anymore, but they have a lot to like on defense. It's going to be a rebuilding year or two, but I do think that they will be competitive again because NY/NJ fans won't put up with the incompetence for long. I don't personally think that a rookie QB can survive in the NY media and I don't know if that's where the long term answer is. I love Rex as a defensive coordinator, but as a head coach there you're responsible for offense, defense, and special teams - and Rex hasn't been able to handle the offense for a long time now.

Cape Brewing said:
You seem like a solid guy Darwin. You didn't hide when the inevitable happened and you were right back on this thread (unlike certain Packer fans

pft, we'll still win the division.

Darwin18 said:
Still....they're not epically terrible.

This.

... is where you went off the rails.

I dislike the Jets more than any other sports team . Honestly. Just everything about them makes me want to punch someone in the throat... But... The few games I've watched of theirs recently, I have bordered on actually feeling bad for that team given how painful it is to watch them.

I would openly and shamelessly scream prayers that Curtis Martin's knee would actually explode... not tear... or sprain... actually explode somehow, with blood and skin spraying all over the field.... and now... I watch Geno Smith and get physically uncomfortable watching it... and silently hope the horror just stops. "Let the guy score a touchdown or something!!"

I dunno man... the water's nice over here. We'll get you a Chandler Jones jersey and you can jump right in.

I stopped wearing any Jets t-shirts or gear outside the house once Tebow was on the team. In the South, Tebow is beloved. One can only stomach having people come up to you in the grocery store, see a Jet's t-shirt, and listen to them blather on about how great a person he is, and tell you to have a blessed day. How am I going to have a blessed day with that fullback pretending to be a QB and giving ESPN soundbite after soundbite? Thankfully, he is gone, although truthfully they should have given him one or two games to see if he was worth the hype.

100% right here. I hated Tebow ever since he started playing in the NFL. Not because of how he played or the team he was on but because people loved him so much for being who he is. He may be a great guy but I don't care. The whole religious crap is what pushed it over the edge for me. I don't blame you for not wearing your gear outside. I would probably punch the 2nd person to talk to me about Tebow for being a great person.

With that said, he definitely should have tried being a FB or even TE. That is where he needs to be. Didn't he say the reason he never wanted to play anything else but QB was because that is what God wanted him to do? Or did I just make that up lol

Did anyone see Antonio Smith with his **** eating grin during his interview when he said the Pats must have spied on them? No the reason you keep losing isn't because teams spy on your practices but because your team sucks.

h22lude said:
100% right here. I hated Tebow ever since he started playing in the NFL. Not because of how he played or the team he was on but because people loved him so much for being who he is. He may be a great guy but I don't care. The whole religious crap is what pushed it over the edge for me. I don't blame you for not wearing your gear outside. I would probably punch the 2nd person to talk to me about Tebow for being a great person.

while I am a Patriots guy and believe that no one is bigger than the team, are we really upset that a player in the NFL is a good role model, brings people who haven't been fans into the sport and seems like a genuinely nice guy? Doesn't this kinda balance all the *****bags out there? Ray Lewis, Aaron Hernandez, Antonio Cromartie, et al. I would prefer seeing more character guys in the game. Just tune out the hype like, you tune out the AFC East also rans every year.

I just want to chime in and say congrats to the Patriots on that hard fought win over the powerhouse Texans....It took everything you had to do it, but you got the WIN! Helluva performance. *wink*

First team to clinch a playoff spot will be confirmed tonight after Seahawks shellacking of the coon ass Saints.

Oh, and Moto...you're a complete fvcktard. I just wanted to remind you of that relevant fact.

What is that some sort of out of the line racist comment? Never been to that area...just remember Nick Saban calling the LSU folks that...

Coonass, or Coon-ass is used in reference to a person of Cajun ethnicity. Many consider it an insult but others consider it a compliment or badge of honor. Although many Cajuns use the word in regard to themselves, other Cajuns view the term as an ethnic slur against the Cajun people, especially when used by non-Cajuns. Socioeconomic factors appear to influence how Cajuns are likely to view the term: working-class Cajuns tend to regard the word "coonass" as a badge of ethnic pride, whereas middle- and upper-class Cajuns are more likely to regard the term as insulting or degrading, even when used by fellow Cajuns in reference to themselves

yeah, make racists comments, then make backhanded non-apologies right after.

class act.

to be expected from oregon, I guess.

while I am a Patriots guy and believe that no one is bigger than the team, are we really upset that a player in the NFL is a good role model, brings people who haven't been fans into the sport and seems like a genuinely nice guy? Doesn't this kinda balance all the *****bags out there? Ray Lewis, Aaron Hernandez, Antonio Cromartie, et al. I would prefer seeing more character guys in the game. Just tune out the hype like, you tune out the AFC East also rans every year.

If we saw more people like Tebow, we would be watching college football.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a good character. I'm just saying I didn't like him. I don't think he was all that great of a NFL player. People loved him for everything but the way he played. This is the NFL. I'm going to like a player for his ability on the field. Sure being nice off the field helps but you need more than just that. Just my opinion. If you liked him for his character, that is how you feel. I'm not saying people can't like him. I'm just saying I don't hahaha

Yeeeeeeeeah.... Maybe I'm living the sheltered life up here in the liberal Mecca of the planet but I don't think I've ever heard that word used as a reference to "Cajun".

Sorry Hoppy.

Whoa... TIME OUT.... According to the interwebs and Wikipedia (so it must be true!)...

"Coonass" IS actually slang for cajun... An insult to some but a term that many cajuns have embraced!

Wow

See Moto!! Maybe you shouldn't be so closed-minded.

Whoa... TIME OUT.... According to the interwebs and Wikipedia (so it must be true!)...

"Coonass" IS actually slang for cajun... An insult to some but a term that many cajuns have embraced!

Wow

See Moto!! Maybe you shouldn't be so closed-minded.

It also says,

Although many Cajuns use the word in regard to themselves, other Cajuns view the term as an ethnic slur against the Cajun people, especially when used by non-Cajuns.

Is Hoppy Cajun?? Because if he's Cajun, then I guess it's ok, but if he's not.. I don't know, not good...

yeah, sure. so I can walk around yelling that, i'll just make sure to tell that to the guy about to put a hole in my chest that I'm actually being racist against cajuns, and not his. i'm sure he'll understand.

It also says,

Although many Cajuns use the word in regard to themselves, other Cajuns view the term as an ethnic slur against the Cajun people, especially when used by non-Cajuns.

Is Hoppy Cajun?? Because if he's Cajun, then I guess it's ok, but if he's not.. I don't know, not good...

324px-Donna_chang.jpg

LOL McBrewski

Moto....calm down. Calling me racist over and over doesn't make me one. I know you want to have something on me as to help you feel better about yourself, but c'mon it's getting desperate.

I have a Cajun friend so it's perfectly OK for me to use such nomenclature.

LOL McBrewski

Moto....calm down. Calling me racist over and over doesn't make me one. I know you want to have something on me as to help you feel better about yourself, but c'mon it's getting desperate.

I have a Cajun friend so it's perfectly OK for me to use such nomenclature.

wow. what a piece of garbage.

do you have any african american friends?

you spout out racist comments and call me desperate. king among men.

lol!! wait, so the spirit of this thread is to be racist to as many people as possible!?

we've done a pretty good job for a long time of insulting each other without resorting to race. not that it's terribly hard.

until people from Oregon started posting.

excuse me?? only what i make it? Here's a challenge, go walk around the office calling people that. see how long it takes you to get fired.

but wait, then I must be in your HR department, because clearly I'm the only one who could take that to be racist.

and for the record, I had no idea it was a slur against cajuns, i was specifically referring to african americans. I do love how you referenced it as "coonass" to make it somewhat less racist in your mind.

i have to say, even I'm pretty shocked that, when you did discover it was a slur, instead of either changing the post or saying "my bad" or something, you continue to defend yourself.

pretty telling.

motobrewer said:
i have to say, even I'm pretty shocked that, when you did discover it was a slur, instead of either changing the post or saying "my bad" or something, you continue to defend yourself. pretty telling.

LOL

You are awesome. Why would I change my post? It meant nothing. It was harmless trash talk. But somebody wants attention. That's on you. I don't believe that I offended anyone. It was a reference to the Cajuns because, you know, we're playing the Saints. You're trying to turn it into a comment on black people because your too stupid to understand the reference. Even though I posted the meaning immediately. Get off your soap box bro, no one is impressed...

LOL

You are awesome. Why would I change my post? It meant nothing. It was harmless trash talk. But somebody wants attention. That's on you. I don't believe that I offended anyone. It was a reference to the Cajuns because, you know, we're playing the Saints. You're trying to turn it into a comment on black people because your too stupid to understand the reference. Even though I posted the meaning immediately. Get off your soap box bro, no one is impressed...

ok. i'm glad people from oregon think calling someone a "coon ass" is harmless. solidifies my opinion.

HoppyDaze said:
I think he's trying to be uppity, bro

LOL!!

I have no idea why I let you off the hook. It really was beautiful...

"You're a racist"
"WHAAAAT! Rant rant rant rant rant!!"

"Nah. You're a racist"
"WHAAAAAAAT!?!? RANT!! Rant rant!!!"

"Nope, you're a racist"
"RANT RANT RANT!!!!"

Really... Really high quality stuff. I hate giving Moto props as much as the next guy but well played. Well played.

Just asked my black new Orleans born saints fan coworker if I called him a coonass what his thoughts would be. Ill report back.

Back