Opinions on recipe for a wedding beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gugguson

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm planning on this recipe for a wedding beer. What do you guys think? I want it to have a big head and be clear and easy drinkable by people who want very light beers. The wedding is in 5 weeks time so I don't have time to lager.

p.s. I can only get Wayermann malts.

wedding.png

First things first, I'd bitter with something other than Simcoe if you can. To me it is just too good not to use late in the boil or dryhop. I'd also probably drop the caramunich. In that quantity I don't think you're getting much other than color, and that goes against your stated goal. I might scale back the Munich a bit too if you are making it for light beer drinkers. 80% pale 10% Munich 10% carafoam sounds good to me. You should have good body and head.

Next question: are you kegging? 5 weeks is pushing it in bottles. You can make it happen, but the beer will still be young and may be cloudy.

Hello, and thanks for good suggestions. What you are saying sounds pretty good and I will make changes to the recipe.

I will keg the beer and have some on bottles, but I agree it is rather short time.

Back