Best LHBS in Cleveland area??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuBrew

Reaction score
I am in Cleveland for work today and tomorrow and was wondering what the best LHBS in the area to check out was. Any suggestions??

Probably depends where in Cleveland you'll be. Clevelanders refer to themselves as Eastsiders or Westsiders, and the they are pretty geographically separate.

My brother used to go to The Brew Kettle (http://www.thebrewkettle.com/bop/homebrewing.htm), located in Strongsville (West Side), but I read somewhere that they might be closing.

Another place that's very well-regarded is the Grape and Granary (www.grapeandgranary.com) in Cuyahoga Falls, a bit of a trip south on I-271 and OH-8, if you are starting on the East Side. That's where my bro goes now.

This is a bit late, but here's my two cents.

I have frequented the Grape and Granary. Have no complaints. Nice fresh ingredients, good help, decent prices.

There is a place called Leeners in Northfield. I have bought items from them, but never any AG ingredients. They do seem to stock most things and have competitive prices. I'd say beer is about 1/3 of their business.

The Brew Mentor I just discovered. I bought ingredients there this past weekend and plan on brewing this upcoming weekend. Prices again were competitive. The store looks excellent. The staff was very helpful. They also do free clinics on Saturdays.

I've been to Leeners before and it was pretty nice. One of my appointments happened to be down the street from Brew Mentor so I stopped in. Mike? the owners name? Anyway he was very nice and i think he's got some great ideas. I'll definitely be back there when I'm in town.

Back